I have never owned a pedal before, and I decided to start with a wah, so please excuse me for my noobness. I own the roland 30x cube, which is awesome with the different effects.

I'm looking to increase my different sounds though and wah seems to be a good choice. Can you guys tell me should I just get the dunlop 535q multiwah? It seems to be the most changeable in terms of different wah sounds.

Is my amp good enough for that pedal? I tried searching and read one thread where the guy's amp caused bad tone. Can you recommend any other cool sounding pedals? keep in mind my amp has pretty good distortion already( i know cool is relative but i listen to a Lot of different music, so use your own opinions to help me) Thanks for helping anyone!
The 535Q is pretty much one of few good Dunlop wahs before the rackmount ones.

You might wanna wait 'til October or November for the Ibanez WH10 reissue...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I have a Roland Cube 15 I use when I travel and I've played my Dunlop Crybaby through it with no issues, you should be alright.
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell kicks ass. Best Wah pedal I have ever played and definately the most versatile. Plus looks pretty cool!

EDIT: So as you can see I bought it.
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

Last edited by Avengethedeath at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by Avengethedeath
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell kicks ass. Best Wah pedal I have ever played and definately the most versatile. Plus looks pretty cool!

EDIT: So as you can see I bought it.

I didn't see that one, and its a bit more. I looked at the specs but I'm pretty new at understanding all that. Does it have everything the 535q has and more, because that what it looks like? Or is it like a different range, I dont think I'd want to wait till october or nov, btw but I will look up the ibanez one you said.
You may also want to look into the Dunlop/MXR Custom Audio Electronics model. I'm trying to decide whether to go with that or the chrome version of the 535Q right now. I'm going to have to trek to guitar center and try them both out, I think.

EDIT: Link to product page .
Last edited by Black13AB at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by Raijouta
The 535Q is pretty much one of few good Dunlop wahs before the rackmount ones.

You might wanna wait 'til October or November for the Ibanez WH10 reissue...

thank god they are making one, i paid $300 for a vintage one that broke less then a year later, my rmc wheels of fire is just not the same

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

So Ive noticed the Ibanez WD7, i like the different on/off function better than the 535q.

But does anyone know if its range covers the effects like hendrix does? For example burning of the midnight lamp.
If switch-less interests you, look at the Morely wahs. Much better (imo) than the Weeping Demon.

I have the Morely Tremonti wah. For high gain stuff, it cant be beat.
Quote by 667
If switch-less interests you, look at the Morely wahs. Much better (imo) than the Weeping Demon.

This man has taste in wahs.

I'm in a contradict between the Mark Tremonti wah and the Morley Bad Horsie, but both of those wahs kick the crap out of any Crybaby in my opinion.

See for yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrUTqa2Jxas
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Quote by 667

I was worried of the WD7 because alot of people say its for metal, but i want one that does metal and good clean for blues/etc. I'll look into the morely ones too, thanks.
Quote by ZeroCS
This man has taste in wahs.

I'm in a contradict between the Mark Tremonti wah and the Morley Bad Horsie, but both of those wahs kick the crap out of any Crybaby in my opinion.

See for yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrUTqa2Jxas

Tremonti if you play dirt.
Check this review out... the guy is kind of corny at first, but it's a good shoot-out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13XnWxE8osI
Quote by 667
Tremonti if you play dirt.
Check this review out... the guy is kind of corny at first, but it's a good shoot-out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13XnWxE8osI

Heh, was just watching that. I think I'm going to go with the Bad Horsie, I like using wah for clean stuff as well, and in my opinion the tremonti sounds almost identical when overdrive to the BH.

I suggest TS to watch that vid too, see the awesomeness that is the Morley brand wahs.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...