http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG3570Z

http://www.deanguitars.com/dean_winter_09/Michael_Angelo_Batio_Signature_MAB2_en.htm

To me, They both look super sexy, they both have a whammy bars that are fairly stable,
Mab costs more but is well worth the price compared to the RG.

But then people complain that deans suck and ibanez suck. one or the other.

Please help.
My Songs:
God of Thunder - Kiss
Detroit Rock City - Kiss
The Metal - Tenacious D
Tush - ZZ Top
Open invitation - Santana
Hog Bitch Stomp - Buckethead
I'd take the ibanez. Edge Zero imo is a better trem than a plane jane OFR
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
i thought that too. it probably is the better way to go.
My Songs:
God of Thunder - Kiss
Detroit Rock City - Kiss
The Metal - Tenacious D
Tush - ZZ Top
Try to play similar guitars. See if the ibanez neck is to your liking. If you like basswood. etc.

That rg is a really nice rg. closest thing to a j custom you'll get in the states
Im in australia but yeah we have no j customs down here either
My Songs:
God of Thunder - Kiss
Detroit Rock City - Kiss
The Metal - Tenacious D
Tush - ZZ Top
Last edited by mora101 at Aug 23, 2009,
That RG is pure sex. my friend just got the Laser Blue one and it is easily one of the nicest guitars I've played, and the EZ is a fantastic trem system
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Wrong place to ask this. All you are going to get is bias answers in this forum because of the name Dean.

ONLY place to make this decision is to try them both some how, don't take everyones word on this forum because people tend to give bandwagon opinions.
Seriously, get the Ibanez!

Way better pickups (DiMarzio >> stock Deans), better trem, nickel black hardware, and the finish is much cooler (IMO).
Neither suck. The difference in major name brands (on mid and upper end models)are all neck profiles. Find the neck that suites you, the resonance that suits you and a look that pleases you and you will have the best guitar for you.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Quote by miketheslut
Neither suck. The difference in major name brands (on mid and upper end models)are all neck profiles. Find the neck that suites you, the resonance that suits you and a look that pleases you and you will have the best guitar for you.

That is the first sensible answer on this thread. Tonally they'll be similar, and they are both similar in the fact they have a bolt on neck, 24 frets and a double-locking tremolo of some sort. The only real difference you'll notice when playing is the neck profile. MAB will have his necks thin, but it won't be as thin as the Ibanez.

Personally, I'd go for the MAB cos it looks awesome, has great features and I've only heard good things about it.
Ibby all the way, I love my 2550, looking for a 1550 or an old 550 at the moment.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
The dealer for Dean and Ibanez is seriously crazy... a MAB1 cost $2000!!! luckly there are quite a few other dealers for ibanez so its cool.

Id go for a MAB1 tho if its a fair price
Quote by miketheslut

uhhhh, did you forget different body woods? Different pickups? So if I bought a high-end ESP Horizon, it would sound the same as either of these guitars, and the only difference is neck profile? Mahogany=/=Alder=/=Basswood, and beyond that EMG=/=Dean pickups=/=DiMarzio
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Last edited by Metlhead443 at Aug 24, 2009,
Of course it wouldn't sound the same but they are both quality instruments. Pickups and electronics can be changed or modded to tailor your tone very easily where as an uncomfortable neck or body shape(and finish to a degree) you are pretty much stuck with.
Quote by Metlhead443
uhhhh, did you forget different body woods? Different pickups? So if I bought a high-end ESP Horizon, it would sound the same as either of these guitars, and the only difference is neck profile? Mahogany=/=Alder=/=Basswood, and beyond that EMG=/=Dean pickups=/=DiMarzio
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Quote by miketheslut
Of course it wouldn't sound the same but they are both quality instruments. Pickups and electronics can be changed or modded to tailor your tone very easily where as an uncomfortable neck or body shape(and finish to a degree) you are pretty much stuck with.

pretty much. Only big difference is the quality of wood and type. Fuijen factory always uses top knotch basswood for upper models, and Dean's upper level guitars with OFR are always made with great woods. However the trems are different. A Edge Zero has minimal sustain loss compared to an OFR, and is a little more user friendly. Both wont wear out or make your guitar go out of tune though.