inb4 atheists are just as bad as christians

Humans are all just as bad as each other
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
God is a jealous God
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
This thread will take the following course:
"This is disgusting"
"lulz @ America and theocracy"
"Religious people are stupid"
"Religions are horrible"
"Not everybody who's religious is like this"
"But most are olololol"
"This is fail"
"All religious people are narrow-minded"
Insert: Evolution vs. Creationism debate

Anyway, I think that's pretty unacceptable in a multi-faith society.
Edit: Actually, any society for that matter, but especially in one with such a multitude of different beliefs.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Aug 23, 2009,
Well, this is the same country that made a controversy out of Barack Obama mentioning "non-believers" in his inauguration speech
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
If there parents seem like ethical and loving parents, why not?

An atheist view has the same pro's and con's as any religion.

An to how people say "Oh, but we don't want to see the kid brought up as an atheist"

What if i felt like I didn't want to see a Catholic family raise a child as a catholic? Should the court appeal that type of adoption too?
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by Karvid
This thread will take the following course:
"This is disgusting"
"lulz @ America and theocracy"
"Religious people are stupid"
"Religions are horrible"
"Not everybody who's religious is like this"
"But most are olololol"
"This is fail"
"All religious people are narrow-minded"
Insert: Evolution vs. Creationism debate

Anyway, I think that's pretty unacceptable in a multi-faith society.
Edit: Actually, any society for that matter, but especially in one with such a multitude of different beliefs.

Pretty much this.
Quote by Dayman
Boy, tell you what, them heathens raisin' kids, prob'ly grow up 'n' be faggots er sumthin'.

This is almost exactly what I was going to post, except replacing "heathens" with "godless heatherns."

Have you also lived in the South?
It's funny how he says that the child should be able to worship in the way he/she sees fit, rather than be influenced by atheist parents because the kid would be influenced by religious parents anyway.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by MattAnderson111
If there parents seem like ethical and loving parents, why not?

An atheist view has the same pro's and con's as any religion.

An to how people say "Oh, but we don't want to see the kid brought up as an atheist"

What if i felt like I didn't want to see a Catholic family raise a child as a catholic? Should the court appeal that type of adoption too?

I think most atheists would not bring up their children saying that all the religious people are stupid, they would probably bring them up as free thinkers. Therefore the child can believe whatever the hell it wants.

EDIT: or at least, this is how all children should be brought up.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Last edited by namesroverrated at Aug 23, 2009,
So they have an adopted son that is 31, and decide to get a 17 month year old girl? What? And that really pisses me off, obviously the judge is biased.
ok the part where the child should be free to choose it's own faith, How single-sided can you see things? I mean c'mon if you're gonna be like that then you should deny religious people adoption rights because they will force their own beliefs on their children. (this is not entirely true, parents usually don't force their beliefs on their children, they rather "educate" them, influencing them with how they see the world to be true and just.)
And that is a basic summary of parenting, and stupidity.
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Quote by Darksucker
This is almost exactly what I was going to post, except replacing "heathens" with "godless heatherns."

Have you also lived in the South?

Yes, indeed I do. It's a terrible place.
To say that the child should not be adopted by an atheist family so that his right to practice religion is not infringed upon through the parent's influence is to say that the child should not be adopted by religious parents so that his right to NOT practice religion is not infringed upon

Thus the judge should allow no children to be adopted ever

What a s*** judge
Quote by Gregray88
So they have an adopted son that is 31, and decide to get a 17 month year old girl? What? And that really pisses me off, obviously the judge is biased.

I noticed that too, I think it was supposed to be 31 months, I honestly don't think they have a 31 year old adopted son, and then decided to get a 17 month old.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by technicolour
Exactly what law is preventing them from adopting..?

No law, just some tight-ass neo-con judge on a power-trip.

This shit is completely unconstitutional. I hate Americans.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Flipje
(this is not entirely true, parents usually don't force their beliefs on their children, they rather "educate" them, influencing them with how they see the world to be true and just.)

Not in my case; my mom basically forced me into the Lutheran church. I just go, shut up, and don't mention the fact that I believe there's about a 1/10 chance of there being a god, and if there is, the odds that it's exactly the Christian (and more precise, Luther) god are significantly lower. Luckily, I play bass for the services, so I don't die of boredom.
Quote by Dayman
What about the Americans that don't do this ****??

you're still at fault unless you get off your ass right now and protest this bs
Quote by Dayman

I'm an American myself, dude. I hate our people. They're a bunch of fucking loonies and idiots with no intent to change, and those of us who still manage be a at least mildly human are lumped in with the bunch.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I agree, they shouldn't have been allowed to adopt a child. Next thing you know, they'll teach him about "evolutionism", and that the Earth is round. Then where would we be?

Quote by dudetheman
I'm an American myself, dude. I hate our people. They're a bunch of fucking loonies and idiots with no intent to change, and those of us who still manage be a at least mildly human are lumped in with the bunch.

You know, I'm not much into sigging people's quotes, BUT...
Last edited by Mad Marius at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by Dayman

They are few in number.

On a more serious note, yeah we're all very open-minded in this world
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Quote by dudetheman
No law, just some tight-ass neo-con judge on a power-trip.

This shit is completely unconstitutional. I hate Americans.

+1
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by Dayman

you guys are okay,

a little weird though.

then again, im from canada
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by herby190
Not in my case; my mom basically forced me into the Lutheran church. I just go, shut up, and don't mention the fact that I believe there's about a 1/10 chance of there being a god, and if there is, the odds that it's exactly the Christian (and more precise, Luther) god are significantly lower. Luckily, I play bass for the services, so I don't die of boredom.

Yeah I hear ya, I had to go to church as well... at least you got to make music when you were there, you lucky dog you! (and I'm also agnostic, which I take you are too?)
Quote by lockedandlogan

Quote by GaijinFoot

Wise words
Quote by Flipje
(this is not entirely true, parents usually don't force their beliefs on their children, they rather "educate" them, influencing them with how they see the world to be true and just.)

This is so wrong it hurts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSAMx8qbGm8
^By no means is that an isolated case
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by technicolour
I don't see how this can be allowed...can you take the court..to court?

Yes, it's an ever-higher hierarchy of courts until you reach the Supreme Court.

He's reading into some anti-atheistic provision in the state constitution (which almost every state has, it's just ignored because it's clearly wrong) and voicing one of the most ignorant opinions I have ever heard from an official position. When the parents win at whatever court they go to, they should ask for his resignation.
But am I here? I find it hard to tell
I do a good impression of myself
But what's normal now, anyhow

Quote by LordBishek
I'm going to hunt her down and throw copies of the God Delusion at her until she breaks.
You know..I can see it now:

Child is taken away from her heathan parents. Waits another 2 years to be adopted. Gets adopted by some radical right wing family. Relationship between her and said family becomes strained because the girl is too "rebellious". Parents find out about girls bi-experiences with other girls at school, send her to one of those "gay camps". Girl commits suicide.
Page 1 of 2