Poll: Best President in the last 25 years of the 20th century?
Poll Options
View poll results: Best President in the last 25 years of the 20th century?
Bill Clinton
260 69%
George Bush, Sr.
17 4%
Ronald Regan
101 27%
Voters: 378.
Page 1 of 6
Who does the pit think is the best president in the last 25 years of the 20th century is?

We have...

Clinton
Bush Sr.
Regan

Poll up soon.

Also, this is a specific topic with a poll, and does not belong in the Political Thread.

I like Regan.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Last edited by Weeping_Demon7 at Aug 23, 2009,
Clinton, hands down (I don't agree with him on everything, but he's far mnore agreeable than the other two)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Seeing as I was not alive during the Bush Sr. and Reagan years, and I don't know diddly squat about any of them, My vote goes to Clinton.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Clinton easily. I don't even like him but the other two were awful.

If I had a time machine and a shotgun Reagan would be very close to the top of my list of people to shoot in the face. Himself and Thatcher.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t

If I had a time machine and a shotgun Reagan would be very close to the top of my list of people to shoot in the face. Himself and Thatcher.

Would Thatcher top it?
Clinton is the one that started the whole economic crisis that we have today. Reagan.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

If I had a time machine and a shotgun Reagan would be very close to the top of my list for people to shoot in the face.

If I had a time machine I would go back to 19 August 2004 and invest every penny into Google stock.

Quote by GU1T4R-H3R0
Clinton is the one that started the whole economic crisis that we have today. Reagan.

Clinton was the first President in US history to have a SURPLUS budget after his service in office.

Blame Bush Jr.
Last edited by Twisted Magnum at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by Craigo
Would Thatcher top it?

I'm an American, and I would shoot Thatcher before Reagan.

Quote by GU1T4R-H3R0

No, actually that was Reagan, Clinton didn't help and may have made things worse, but Reagan started the trend of massive deregulation (i.e Reaganomics) that led to our current ills.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. You seem to do that a lot...

/eyes suspiciously
Quote by Ur all $h1t

You don't need a time machine to do it to Thatcher, which is a good thing.
Let's put it this way: Clinton was probably the least worse.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Craigo
Would Thatcher top it?

Well, like Hitler would probably top it, and a couple of other particularly evil people. King Leopold and such.
Thatcher and Reagan would be in the top ten though, same entry.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Reagan, hands down
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

No, actually that was Reagan, Clinton didn't help and may have made things worse, but Reagan started the trend of massive deregulation (i.e Reaganomics) that led to our current ills.

Explain how deregulation has caused this crisis.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Well, like Hitler would probably top it, and a couple of other particularly evil people. King Leopold and such.
Thatcher and Reagan would be in the top ten though, same entry.

I'm close to thinking Lenin because of his strong influence in bastardising what was orthodox Marxism which consequently had horrible consequences world wide unfortunately.

Fair enough answer for a light inquisitive joke.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

I like you.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
If I had a time machine I would go back to 19 August 2004 and invest every penny into Google stock.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/picard-facepalm.jpg

Clinton was the first President in US history to have a SURPLUS budget after his service in office.

Blame Bush Jr.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Quote by chase09
Explain how deregulation has caused this crisis.

It's what allowed banks to recklessly offer loans to people they knew couldn'rt afford them and allowed a crapload of execs to skim excessively off the top of all that before the whole thing fell, that's largely what caused most of the problems we're having, that and some massively deceptive business practices (also the fault of deregulation)

Quote by GU1T4R-H3R0
Not because of him, that was the whole economy that he didn't control.

Actually, he (along with congress) did ultimately control the governments budget (which is what we had a surplus of) he also did a lot to stimulate the economy.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Aug 23, 2009,
Clinton. Bush Sr. was a twat, and Reagan was a twat.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
It's what allowed banks to recklessly offer loans to people they knew couldn'rt afford them and allowed a crapload of execs to skim excessively off the top of all that before the whole thing fell, that's largely what caused most of the problems we're having, that and some massively deceptive business practices (also the fault of deregulation)

Have you ever considered the Community Reinvestment Act, legislation enacted by the government, something the overly liberal internet is quite fond of, forced banks to make bad loans to people with bad/no credit?

I guess one can look at that as either over-regulation or deregulation... but a lot of the same people who say it was deregulation also favor economic policy with higher amounts of government involvement.

But, like I always say... no point arguing this on the internet... I'll never win...
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Last edited by thankyougermany at Aug 23, 2009,
This is like choosing between arsenic and candy. Clinton

This biggest thing he gets slammed for is the affair thing, which doesn't affect the country one bit.

Before any conservative retards start pointing out Rwanda, Kosovo, etc. I am aware of those.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by thankyougermany
Have you ever considered the Community Reinvestment Act, legislation enacted by the government, something the overly liberal internet is quite fond of, forced banks to make bad loans to people with bad/no credit?

But, like I always say... no point arguing this on the internet... I'll never win...

It didn't force banks to do anything, it allowed them to. The internet is overly liberal because conservatism is the epitome of mental retardation.

EDIT:

And I quote, from the Community Reinvestment Act: "The law does not list specific criteria for evaluating the performance of financial institutions. Rather, it directs that the evaluation process should accommodate the situation and context of each individual institution."
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Last edited by Wulphy at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by Wulphy
It didn't force banks to do anything, it allowed them to. The internet is overly liberal because conservatism is the epitome of mental retardation.

Yeah, it is. That's why I'm a libertarian.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Blame Bush Jr.

True.

Slick Willy is a great president and man. If I could rate Regan, he'd be a 6.5 and Clinton a 6.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Just to point it out.

WTF did the US have to do with Rwanda or Kosovo, as well as Vietnam, North Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, and maybe Iran?

Nothing. It's their damn problems and American foreign policy is the plague that is infecting the world. The federal government needs to mind its own affairs instead of "terrorism" and "Communism".
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Just to point it out.

WTF did the US have to do with Rwanda or Kosovo, as well as Vietnam, North Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, and maybe Iran?

Nothing. It's their damn problems and American foreign policy is the plague that is infecting the world. The federal government needs to mind its own affairs instead of "terrorism" and "Communism".

Kosovo was rather necessary, unless you like having hostile countries having monopolies on all available oil.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Clinton, by light years. Bush Sr. was Bush Sr., and Reagan was an ex-actor with Alzheimer's who was nothing more than a mouthpiece for the people who ended up ruining the American economy, and by extent that of the entire world.
kill all humans
Quote by bandt
inb4obama

clinton ftw

I already dislike him more than Bush.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by Wulphy

That's ignorance.

Extreme everything is f*cking stupid.

Moderation (with a slight lean one way or another) is the way to go.

I enjoy this test a lot. I find it changes over age.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

According to this, I'm a slight conservative with a slight libertarian side.

There's no political leader that matches any where close to my results.

But I still say I'm a moderate liberal.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Last edited by Weeping_Demon7 at Aug 23, 2009,