I'm ready to buy the following, as soon as I return from my vacation. I'm just curious as to what you guys think, as I feel as if I'm missing something here, or if I could get a better deal by choosing a different item. I'm most likely going to be going used, I'm currently scavenging CL like crazy for good deals.

Note: I do mostly metal, other genres like rock and blues do come in mind but they are not my main priority. I'm more of a KSE, BFMV, 5FDP, All That Remains type of guy, but for the real brootalz I'm more of a Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, As I Lay Dying type of guy. (Don't ask why I'm referring to my tone as "guy")

T3h GAS list:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 (EMG 81TW/89)
B-52 AT 112
Ibanez TS9
DiMarzio Super Distortion bridge pickup
DiMarzio Breed Neck pickup
Morley Bad Horsie Wah, or Mark Tremonti Power Wah, can't decide

Total Price: Just over $1400

I do plan on gigging a bit BTW, and if there is a head/cab I should look for, please let me know, just as long as it's not Bugera. Thanks in advance.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Pretty impressive list... may I ask why you don't like Bugera?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Really the bugera reliability isnt bad anymore. If you have any doubts just get eh extended warranty. They would fit those styles better than the b-52

And for what guitar are those pickups for
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
i just got a crate flexwave 120 head and its pretty good especially if you run the ts9 through it. you cant go wrong to the money
@Jay, originally for their reliability. A lot of my friends went to Bugera for the amazingly low price, but all couldn't stand dealing with the constant reliability problems. Something I also have a low patience for. Managing a tube amp is different, that I wouldn't mind since it's not as frequent. I would hate having to ship my amp in or even be bothered bringing it to a local luthier every couple of months. Not that I'm lazy, I just have better things to do.

@Mexi Shred, if that's the case I'd be able to give Bugera a second shot. I'm getting a warranty on both my guitar and amp regardless. Anything in particularly awesome about them besides the fact they're Peavey clones and damn good at it?

Those pickups are for my new Schecter. I'm going to sell the EMGs in it and put the Dimmys in there, since I'm not big on active pickups. Both are open to coil taps also.

@Dunnkey, I've never played a Crate in my life. I'd rather give one a shot before I buy it, but I suppose I could leave my mind open to the possibility of getting one.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

You sure about buying a new guitar and then switching out the pickups right away? Maybe you'd be better off getting an another guitar instead?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
You sure about buying a new guitar and then switching out the pickups right away? Maybe you'd be better off getting an another guitar instead?

Believe me, I've considered it, and have been searching. I haven't found many guitars within my price range that suit me as well as that one does.

It's not all that heavy, finish is fantastic, it has coil taps already installed, TOM bridge, and can handle pretty much everything I want to play.

I'm going to sell the EMGs anyways, should help the fund for the Dimarzio's if I can't get them right away.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

Quote by dunnkey1
i just got a crate flexwave 120 head and its pretty good especially if you run the ts9 through it. you cant go wrong to the money

no....just no....these kind of suggestions need to stop....especially considering he said he was getting a B-52 AT112....

this screams of wtfery.....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by ZeroCS
I'm ready to buy the following, as soon as I return from my vacation. I'm just curious as to what you guys think, as I feel as if I'm missing something here, or if I could get a better deal by choosing a different item. I'm most likely going to be going used, I'm currently scavenging CL like crazy for good deals.

Note: I do mostly metal, other genres like rock and blues do come in mind but they are not my main priority. I'm more of a KSE, BFMV, 5FDP, All That Remains type of guy, but for the real brootalz I'm more of a Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, As I Lay Dying type of guy. (Don't ask why I'm referring to my tone as "guy")

T3h GAS list:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 (EMG 81TW/89)
B-52 AT 112
Ibanez TS9
DiMarzio Super Distortion bridge pickup
DiMarzio Breed Neck pickup
Morley Bad Horsie Wah, or Mark Tremonti Power Wah, can't decide

Total Price: Just over $1400

I do plan on gigging a bit BTW, and if there is a head/cab I should look for, please let me know, just as long as it's not Bugera. Thanks in advance.

pretty good list.
instead of a schecter get a USED Ibanez RGA Prestige or an RG3120
and if you get everything used you could get everything less than 1000
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
pretty good list.
instead of a schecter get a USED Ibanez RGA Prestige or an RG3120
and if you get everything used you could get everything less than 1000

That would be sick. I don't think that would be an ideal choice for me, nothing against Ibanez I just want a fixed bridge (forgot to mention that).

Would it really be ideal to get used pickups though? That's something I'd rather get new if anything else.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

Last edited by ZeroCS at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by ZeroCS
Believe me, I've considered it, and have been searching. I haven't found many guitars within my price range that suit me as well as that one does.

It's not all that heavy, finish is fantastic, it has coil taps already installed, TOM bridge, and can handle pretty much everything I want to play.

I'm going to sell the EMGs anyways, should help the fund for the Dimarzio's if I can't get them right away.

You'd have to redo the coil tap since emgs use different pots than passive pups. Youre better off like al said with a hard tail rga or other hardtail that doesnt have active pups.
Quote by ZeroCS

Have you considered the C-1 Classic? It's heavier than my squier but I think it looks absolutely fantastic (although the vine of life inlay can set some people off, I guess), TOM bridge and passive Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz setup. And coil taps. I think it has a thinner neck than the Hellraiser, if that's a problem. It's very versatile, the JB is good for metal rhythm and you can get absolutely gorgeous cleans from the Jazz (or the coil taps).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
Have you considered the C-1 Classic? It's heavier than my squier but I think it looks absolutely fantastic (although the vine of life inlay can set some people off, I guess), TOM bridge and passive Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz setup. And coil taps. I think it has a thinner neck than the Hellraiser, if that's a problem. It's very versatile, the JB is good for metal rhythm and you can get absolutely gorgeous cleans from the Jazz (or the coil taps).

I have actually, I do like the idea of a JB/Jazz, plus the idea of saving me a couple of bucks helps also, even though the Classic is a slight $50 more than the Hellraiser. I like the pickup covers too.

Quote by mexican_shred
You'd have to redo the coil tap since emgs use different pots than passive pups. Youre better off like al said with a hard tail rga or other hardtail that doesnt have active pups.

I didn't know that about coil taps, glad I came here then, that sounds like a little too much of a job for me.

I don't know about going Ibanez. I'm not comfortable at all with the thin necks.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

Guitar wise you can buy them used without worthy of something. Buy the classic used or any other c-1 model that you like thats up to your standards.

amp though get the extended store warranty for it, so buy new
the Classic is 450ish used and the JB/Jazz will suffice
feel free to add me
I found one for 425 comes with cable and stand, but apparently the wire inside it has broken off. Worth it?

http://longisland.craigslist.org/msg/1303034234.html
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
if you have soldering wire experience then its an easy fix

I don't, I know a relative that does though. There's a good luthier who would do it for cheap back in Brooklyn, if nothing else.

I'll e-mail the dude. I actually like the Classic better, from the way it looks. I've never played one but considering it shares quite a few of the same specs as the Hellraiser and doesn't have EMGs in it, I'm all for it.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

Quote by ZeroCS
I don't, I know a relative that does though. There's a good luthier who would do it for cheap back in Brooklyn, if nothing else.

I'll e-mail the dude. I actually like the Classic better, from the way it looks. I've never played one but considering it shares quite a few of the same specs as the Hellraiser and doesn't have EMGs in it, I'm all for it.

its a great little guitar.
you could go to any electronics store and let them fix it for you.
you dont need a luthier to fix a broken wire.

and whats his name??
i might contact him if i ever saved enough money for my custom build
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
its a great little guitar.
you could go to any electronics store and let them fix it for you.
you dont need a luthier to fix a broken wire.

and whats his name??
i might contact him if i ever saved enough money for my custom build

A luthier came to mind at first, I know the guy personally so I'd rather go to him.

I don't know him yet, I didn't get an e-mail back. I'll PM you if anything.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7