I heard something about an exercise that's Arpeggio up and Scale down. I know how it starts. Say, in the key of Bb. You play a Bb major 7th arpeggio, but only one octave, and then play the Bb major scale down. Now I'm stuck though...to continue, do I do the same from the next note in the arpeggio and play the up an octave (from C to F) and play the Bb major scale back down, or do I got to the next arpeggio in the key of Bb (C-7) and play one octave in that arpeggio and the Bb major scale down? If you could also tab out an example that would be great. Thanks for any help
You can do anything you want. There are tons of exercises out there and I doubt anyone is going to know what you are talking about without being more specific. Try it both ways, and any other way you can think of, there are so many combination's that you can do and as long as it gets you thinking in new ways its going to be helpful.
In the end it's just an excersize right ? So I guess it would benefit you to make it diatonic within Bb as it helps you with technique and theory at once. There's no right or wrong way to practice.
A good thing I would think would be playing BbMaj7 arpeggio and then descending Bb Major from tonic to tonic, and then playing a Cmin7 arpeggio, with descending Bb Major from supertonic to supertonic, and then continue until you reach your BbMaj7 again, and then descend doing scales up and arpeggios down.

Try doing it by staying in one position, and by moving up the neck as you go. Just get used to alot of shapes for the major scale, and how to connect them, so that it becomes one fluid group of notes across the entire instrument, rather than just a few shapes.
Quote by Zanon
In the end it's just an excersize right ? So I guess it would benefit you to make it diatonic within Bb as it helps you with technique and theory at once. There's no right or wrong way to practice.

Not true.
Quote by isaac_bandits
A good thing I would think would be playing BbMaj7 arpeggio and then descending Bb Major from tonic to tonic, and then playing a Cmin7 arpeggio, with descending Bb Major from supertonic to supertonic, and then continue until you reach your BbMaj7 again, and then descend doing scales up and arpeggios down.

Try doing it by staying in one position, and by moving up the neck as you go. Just get used to alot of shapes for the major scale, and how to connect them, so that it becomes one fluid group of notes across the entire instrument, rather than just a few shapes.

Yesss!! Thank you I kind of had an idea of what to do but when I read this it cleared it up. Thanks man!