Hello forum users!

Im off to uni in october! and i want to bring my guitar gear with me so i can keep playing and maybe start a band!

The thing is, i dont want to annoy my neighbours who live in the room next to me! I want to add a headphone tap to my Super Champ XD so i can still use my effects like overdrive, distortion, wah etc.

I did some research and found the Weber Headphone tap. Found Here

Simple dummy load, with a headphone jack. I dont care much for the other features such as line out and speaker select switch.

All together it will cost me £45 to import to the UK. and will take about 3 weeks to arrive.

I think i can build it for £10 at most, using parts i have lying around. Just need an idea for the circuit. So far i have this:

50W 8 Ohm resistor with a Potentiometer with audio taper across it to adjust voulme and a headphone jack wired across that so i can connect my headphones to it.

Im sure this would work! What are your opinions?
Has any got any experience with this by trying it already?

Thanks
Last edited by aonmusic at Aug 23, 2009,
I could be wrong, as I really don't know that much, but this would be my guess for how to wire one up.

Like I said, though, I don't actually know, so be careful if you try this. This wiring might damage your amp/headphones and might hurt you. I don't know. :p Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge will help us out.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Hey mate, thanks for the reply.

The circuit should work im sure! As this was what i was thinking too. As long as the load always stays connected to the amp. the transformer will not blow. the R2 resistor i will have to adjust according to my headphones resistance, so that it doesnt blow like you say.

I think the most trouble i am going to have is designing an enclosure that would shift the heat effeciently. The resistor is rated at 50W but the amp would only pump out a max of 25W if i really pushed it hard. So it should not heat up too much.