EDIT: Sorry for the giant images :X

well dudes, i've been working on a frankenstrat. it is in fact, my first project! i had a Ibanez GRX 170 gio ( a begginer guitar ) in my basement, so i tought, why not...?i never wanted to do a copycat frankenstrat, anyway...

i've sanded, paintend, "frankenstrat-ed" it, and i think, considering the body was way off diferent from a strat, it came out pretty good... but i think i've made some mistakes, that im about to show up:

the guitar had de plate in the back, so i had to figure out a way to mount the volume knob and pot to the pickguard, so it would look like the original. i did this:

the shielding was a mess

the pickup instalation was a hard part, cause i had to do the routing

... and i messed up the back of the guitar

and this was the way i did the relic on the pick up spots

this are the problems... the point is... do you guys think that this problems will be bad for the guitar sound etc? im really afraid that by now i've killed the guitar...

body: basswood
neck: maple
pup (only bridge): bareknuckle VHII

... i think it will sound very good...:x

cheers
Last edited by Lcrbsr at Aug 23, 2009,
i've instaled the floyd nut already on the maple neck (and the neck is from a strat)

please, talk about the problems that i've listed
Wait did you seriously take the polepieces out?

Why bother?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 23, 2009,
no i didnt take the pole pieces out of the barecknuckle

the pick up is as it came ... new

Dude... the neck pick up is the ibanez pickup, it sucks, im thinking a way to rust the other polepieces :P
wow that guitar is realy rape'ed :X

like, d00d wtf did you do that :X

i guess its a relic arfter all :X
but ...

looks all messed up :X

prolly might play arlight, or did you atack the neck with a router to :X

and why do i keep doing that :X
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.

the van halen's frankenstrat

my frankenstrat, made out of a ibanez GIO (the same as yours i guess)

i hope i've solved the ":X" i came here to ask about the problems, not the looks of the guitar...
Last edited by Lcrbsr at Aug 23, 2009,
wow, actually looks damn close, nice. Ya, you raped the guitar.... but thats kinda the point of the frankenstrat. I think what you did shouldnt effect the tone too much, but it may.

plus it has a bareknuckle - sweeeeeet!
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
damn at least

the point of the threat was to know that kinda stuff, not to show of my project ... i've only show the bad things about it, nobody does that to show how good the guitar is...

soooo, keep them coming
ok, well...

1. Fact of the matter- its an ibanez gio, correct? Its not exactly a beastly tone machine in the first place. You cut a big-ass hole in the front. Any tone you were getting out of that body could quite possibly be raped by that. But, I honestly wouldnt worry too much about, the Bareknuckle should even it out.

2. The neck pickup will probably sound like ass, considering its missing two pole pieces. Dont relic the bareknuckle....pleeeeaaase!

3. Those spots on the back shouldnt affect anything.

4.Your routing job is less than flawless but adds to the raped-ness of frankenstrats. It could pull from your tone, but once again, its a gio.

And your shielding looks fine.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Provided you wired and assembled it correctly, I don't see that a couple of drilled holes are going to impact the functionality of the guitar.....?

Or perhaps I don't really understand your concerns.
1. Calm down... the body is an ibanez Gio..... the rest is quality stuff (all new parts). the hole was there from the start, i have just tripled the size of it xD im really worried about it :'(

2. the neck pickup is not gonna be working it is a dummy just for the looks. i wont rape the bareknuckle!

4... :x
Quote by Metalhead_28
Provided you wired and assembled it correctly, I don't see that a couple of drilled holes are going to impact the functionality of the guitar.....?

Or perhaps I don't really understand your concerns.

the big hole
The wood looks to be about 3/16" thick there, it's not like you removed a pound of material.

Just assemble it and play it. You'll find out soon enough how it's going to sound.
Quote by Metalhead_28
The wood looks to be about 3/16" thick there, it's not like you removed a pound of material.

Just assemble it and play it. You'll find out soon enough how it's going to sound.

+1

No other way to find out how it sounds!
Does it offend you, yeah?