Im currently looking for a new guitar. I have tried the Ibanezs, Epiphones, ESPs, Lagunas etc. But my budget is pretty low. On another thread i created, someone reccomended a Cort. Someone else also recomended a Agile. I think im gonna get the Cort X-6. Anyway, are there and online exclusive, or not well known guitar brands that are really good?
Godin
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
^ I've never played a Hagstrom but I've heard good things about them. TS you should check them out.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
I checked out Cort guitars, their not bad, but check out Schecter guitars. They have a great list of guitars. Abd their prices arent very high for the craftmenship of their instrument.
I have a parker. Not to well known, but a good guitar. Very low maintenance. There expensive though. Or you could always go to a guitar boutique or luthier.
godins are great overall they sound great and play great
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Every time I speak of Caparison or Suhr to my friends, they're like "Well it ain't no Fender" -_-. I wish I owned a Caparison or Suhr to show how godly they are.

EDIT**

Oh I thought it was a topic of not well known brands overall x_x.

<_< +1 for Godin.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Carvin?
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Hamers are pretty solid guitars. Guy at a music camp I went to had an Echotone, which is basically an ES-335 copy. Nice neck on that thing
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Tremont and Kurt Wilson!!! sick ass guitars!
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
erm, maybe I am reading something nobody else is. But TS said his budget was pretty low. Suhr, Parker, Comparison, Hamer, many Godin's......don't really fall into this category now do they?

TS.....low budget usually means looking on the used market. Also real ESP's are not low budget, I asume you are talking about LTD? I think you should look at LTD, Schecter maybe. Depending on your music tastes and your actual budget. There are many other brands to look at as well.

just my .02 though
Agile will suit you well!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Parker.

They are actually amazing.

On a £699 guitar you get coil splittable humbuckers, a piezo pickup and a lovely vibrato.

So many sonic options.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
There are plenty of decent companies that are lesser known.

In the UK we have Burns, Indie, Fret King, Italia, Vintage, Gordon Smith, Patrick Eggle.. That the rest of the world has probably not heard of very much
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by continental
Mosrite (vintage-y) and
Hagstrom are good.
Agiles are pretty good for the price.

Yeah, Mosrite guitars aren't known to today's youth very well. However, They were really popular back in their day. The contract with The Ventures wasn't a bad deal.

Anyway... I'd say Kay are relatively unknown these days. I only know about them by seeing some of their guitars on eBay.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.