I didn't think this belonged in the guitar gear forum since this doesn't necessarily have to do with guitar. Anyone know how bands get those bass drops on there recordings? Like the really low pitch "booms". I know a day to remember, protest the hero, and dillinger escape plan use them. Is it a synth, or pedal, just a trigger? Is there a computer software kind of thing i can use to add them to my songs?
that's typically acomplished by the drummer farting into a special mic designed specifically for that purpose.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
that's typically acomplished by the drummer farting into a special mic designed specifically for that purpose.

yep
Goodness gracious me!
on record for those guys it's almost for sure midi. A band from my city has their bassist attach a subwoofer controlled with a footswitch to amplify a low bass note when desired.

*To hear metal that will have bass drops once we finish programming the midi go to http://www.myspace.com/torcherror *
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

This.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Quote by comftrblynum
on record for those guys it's almost for sure midi. A band from my city has their bassist attach a subwoofer controlled with a footswitch to amplify a low bass note when desired.

*To hear metal that will have bass drops once we finish programming the midi go to http://www.myspace.com/torcherror *

Shameless advertising right there, i shoudl report you for that.

The only time you hear the bass on ...AJFA is when there's a bass boom.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Bass drops are really easy to use in recordings. Google 808 bass drops and find an audio clip you like, import it into your recordings. If you plan on using them live its a little more comlicated. Again download the clip, an easy method would be to use either a MIDI keyboard or a drum trigger hooked up to a laptop and program teh bass drop to sound when the keyboard is played or trigger is struck. If you dont have a keyboard player, place keyboard on the ground and have someone stomp it when you need it.
Gear
Carvin custum dc 747
Ibanez rg 520qs
Homemade Nocaster
Hofner violin bass
Hughes & Kettner Swithcblade 100 head
Ampeg v-4 412's (one with veteran 30's one with stock speakers)
Randall 412
Vintage Supra
ISP Decimater G-string
When i read the thread title I thought this would be about some sort of throat lozenge, and alas, I am disappointed.
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
You should call them "sub drops" because there are two things that a bass drop can mean (one is the "sub drop"/"bass booom" and the other is where all of the bass frequencies are "dropped" from the song and it is just mids/treble).

They are accomplished by sampling.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
drop that 808, the walls begin to shake, its too much for the club to take. NOW SHAKE IT LIKE AN EARTHQUAKE!!
Defender of the Llama
Quote by birdman267
It's called 808's

Yep.

Just a really low drawn out 808
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
They're used a lot in hip hop.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Quote by mmm_watcha_say
drop that 808, the walls begin to shake, its too much for the club to take. NOW SHAKE IT LIKE AN EARTHQUAKE!!

i get to see them in a few weeks..

and yes, 808's rock teh house
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
Quote by Andrax20
For the record, there is a Bass forum.

For the record, this has nothing to deal with bass guitar.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Thanks for the help and humor. And thanks lordofthefood1. If anyone comes back to this...I have an old Korg midi keyboard and an interface that supports midi. How do I program the sounds for the keyboard or what program would I use? I got Cubase with my interface (tascam u144).