Whats the difference between a double locking tremolo and single locking tremolo? I was looking at a guitar with a single locking tremolo and I wondered what the difference is. Thanks.
I think they are referring to tremolo and nut locking mechanisms when saying "double," thus a single locking trem would just be the tremolo with a standard nut.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Double locking locks at the bridge and the nut.
Single is one of those two, usually the nut but sometimes the bridge (see Chris Broderick's custom Ibanez)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Dio10101
Whats the difference between a double locking tremolo and single locking tremolo? I was looking at a guitar with a single locking tremolo and I wondered what the difference is. Thanks.
Single locking trems have locking nuts. Double locking trems have locking nuts and a lock at the bridge.
Double locking: pain to tune, change tuning, change guage, change intonation, but will hold tuning and will be worth it if you use it enough

Single locking: all of the work with none of the payoff.
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM