Page 1 of 2
I hear it condenses the tobacco, but it can't really be that noticable of a difference, can it? I've smoked plenty of cigs, "packed" and unpacked but I don't notice any difference. All that aside, you're not actually changing the amount of tobacco per cig, so why do you do it?
Check out my band Disturbed
drags different. some people get way too excessive with it though
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
smoke weed err day.

it's much better than ciggarettes.
i never understood it either.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Superstition?
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

gets the crumby tobaco off the filter so you dont have the tobaco crumbs in your mouth.
pack it to make em fall to the bottum.
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Quote by StewieSwan
I hear it condenses the tobacco, but it can't really be that noticable of a difference, can it? I've smoked plenty of cigs, "packed" and unpacked but I don't notice any difference. All that aside, you're not actually changing the amount of tobacco per cig, so why do you do it?
1 - when the tobacco is packed tighter it burns just a tiny bit slower.

2 - sometimes there is a slight gap between the filter and the tobacco. if there is, when you get near the end, the ember will fall off easily. packing gets rid of that gap.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Cigarettes are bad. Cigarettes cause cancer.

Do Weed instead.
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by kxy1992

Do Weed instead.

Piss off
Quote by StewieSwan
Piss off

Easy man

And to answer your question, it compresses the tobacco making the cigarette burn better and longer
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Cigarettes blow.
Weed is good.

And to answer your question, it's to show off the fact they smoke and to let people know they're getting ready to smoke.
Quote by kxy1992
Easy man

And to answer your question, it compresses the tobacco making the cigarette burn better and longer

Sorry man, I just get tired of all the 14 year olds telling me "lyk smoking cigarettes is so bad smoke weed insted is betert!"

It's like they dont realize marijuana is worse for you than tobacco when compared side by side.
Quote by StewieSwan
Sorry man, I just get tired of all the 14 year olds telling me "lyk smoking cigarettes is so bad smoke weed insted is betert!"

It's like they dont realize marijuana is worse for you than tobacco when compared side by side.

No worries (I'm 16 btw)

Although, I kinda do have to disagree on that statement. Technically Weed is worse cause it causes you to get high, affecting how you think. However, on a physical level, Weed doesnt cause Cancer or anything like that because the THC in the Weed encourages the old cells to die (instead of turning into cancer cells) and have new cells replace them.

I'm not gonna start a debate or anything, just throwing that out there
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
when i buy a pack, i pack in ten times on the bottom before opening it.

there is absolutely no reason for it. i just always have.

i dont think packing it really does much
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by kxy1992
No worries (I'm 16 btw)

Although, I kinda do have to disagree on that statement. Technically Weed is worse cause it causes you to get high, affecting how you think. However, on a physical level, Weed doesnt cause Cancer or anything like that because the THC in the Weed encourages the old cells to die (instead of turning into cancer cells) and have new cells replace them.

I'm not gonna start a debate or anything, just throwing that out there

I could have sworn I read that weed has a higher amount of harmful carcinogens per gram than tobacco. Although I freely admit I haven't spent much time on the subject as I don't really care
Quote by StewieSwan
I could have sworn I read that weed has a higher amount of harmful carcinogens per gram than tobacco. Although I freely admit I haven't spent much time on the subject as I don't really care

There are, but weed is smoked less frequently, and those carcinogens are balanced by the THC killing old cells.

EDIT: But you're right, its not that big of a deal
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Last edited by tremeloud at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by StewieSwan
Coming from a weed smoker (not pot head though) smoking weed can cause cancer. Anybody that disagrees is stupid, it's a fact, but you can just use a vaporizer or eat it. Problem solved.
Quote by ToughGuy123
Coming from a weed smoker (not pot head though) smoking weed can cause cancer. Anybody that disagrees is stupid, it's a fact, but you can just use a vaporizer or eat it. Problem solved.

Its not a fact. They have never scientifically shown a direct link between weed and cancer. One theory of why this is was mentioned above, THC killing old cells and what not.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by KMaysing
Nah i smoke and I agree.

Everyone agrees that weed is better than cigarettes. But everyone also hates the douchebag that mentions that fact like he's the first one who ever figured it out.

He's like the "lol pro wrestling is fake!!!1" guy.
You're*
Quote by tremeloud
Its not a fact. They have never scientifically shown a direct link between weed and cancer. One theory of why this is was mentioned above, THC killing old cells and what not.
Okay fine, even though you're kidding yourself if you believe that. There was never 100% conclusive evidence proving that weed causes cancer, but there's very strong evidence. Plus, smoking anything makes tar form in your lungs. Seriously, I have to say this to so many people and all of them are pot heads with 60 averages and no motivation to do anything. Smoking weed is bad for your health, admit it. I just don't care, that's why I do it, but I still admit I would be better off not doing it at all.
Quote by kxy1992

Do Weed instead.

The way you say that almost makes weed sound healthy...

But anyway, I can tell when I'm smoking a perfectly packed cig (I can't do it, but I've bummed them off of friends who can) and it IS better... but not really worth the effort.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by StewieSwan

Ahh, well I dont know much about Tobacco, just Weed

Awhile back there was like 2 threads going at the same time debating about Weed and if it caused depression or not. I was in the middle of it so I learned a lot

Oh, and about the carcinogens thing, I dont know too much about it, but I do know that Weed has less PAHs then tobacco...

... Although I have no idea what PAHs are

EDIT: Good God, I've started another debate
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Last edited by kxy1992 at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by ToughGuy123
Okay fine, even though you're kidding yourself if you believe that. There was never 100% conclusive evidence proving that weed causes cancer, but there's very strong evidence. Plus, smoking anything makes tar form in your lungs. Seriously, I have to say this to so many people and all of them are pot heads with 60 averages and no motivation to do anything. Smoking weed is bad for your health, admit it. I just don't care, that's why I do it, but I still admit I would be better off not doing it at all.

I couldn't give two shits about who you talk to and what their IQ is, you can save it, I'm not trying to make you look stupid, so you can cut the defensive bullshit

EDIT: I haven't done the research, so until the info is concrete, I won't state something I don't know is true.
Last edited by tremeloud at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by tremeloud
I couldn't give two shits about who you talk to and what their IQ is, you can save it, I'm not trying to make you look stupid, so you can cut the defensive bullshit
I'm not trying to be defensive, I'm saying the only people that don't admit that smoking weed is bad for anybodies health, are people that are afraid that it could be.
Where do you get a vaporizer?
Can they be homemade?
And do they work just as well?
I've heard of them, but never paid much attention.
Quote by herby190
Can they be homemade?

Take it to the drug thread buddy
Quote by ToughGuy123

An article about a study showing that Weed doesnt cause Lung Cancer

http://www.medpagetoday.com/HematologyOncology/LungCancer/3393

A study showing that Weed helps fight Breast Cancer

http://mct.aacrjournals.org/content/6/11/2921

A study showing that Weed helps fight Brain Cancer

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pmcentrez&artid=2673842

Dont worry fellow Weed smoker, you wont get cancer
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by herby190
Can they be homemade?
Any shop that sells pipes or bongs or on the internet.
I don't know, but I don't think so.
No they probably wouldn't, you have to heat it until it reaches a certain temperature (I forgot what it is) then it's basically pure THC
Quote by StewieSwan

As much as I like you stewie, this is very debatable.

All the evidence points to weed being essentially equal to tobacco smoke, because the only arguments that are used against marijuana are based around carcinogens that are also present in tobacco smoke.

All the research done on marijuana these days just shows that we really don't know; but all the evidence indicates that it's just about as bad for you as tobacco, being worse is unproven. Don't get me wrong; it certainly might be, but it's far from proven.

I agree with you though; I hate it when kids think that weed is less bad for you than tobacco.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by kxy1992
An article about a study showing that Weed doesnt cause Lung Cancer

http://www.medpagetoday.com/HematologyOncology/LungCancer/3393

A study showing that Weed helps fight Breast Cancer

http://mct.aacrjournals.org/content/6/11/2921

A study showing that Weed helps fight Brain Cancer

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pmcentrez&artid=2673842

Dont worry fellow Weed smoker, you wont get cancer
No offense, but I could find 3 articles that say that you can get cancer from it too. And I know it helps some forms of cancer, which is good.
Quote by ToughGuy123
No offense, but I could find 3 articles that say that you can get cancer from it too. And I know it helps some forms of cancer, which is good.

Touche
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by ToughGuy123

Yes, you can, but not from strictly-scientific sources. Maybe from Fox News.

By the way, I'm talking moderation, obviously if you smoke 4 joints or more a day you're doing a ton of damage to your body. I once challenged my father to find an article that came to the conclusion that occasional marijuana smoking will have lasting negative side effects. He found none, and neither did I, which is why I stand by my opinion.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by kxy1992
Touche
Lol, just saying. We don't know everything about it anyway. I guess it's possible that it doesn't cause cancer, but who knows? I should stop, I don't want to get banned or something.
Packing a pack of cigarettes compresses the tobacco in the tubes, which in turn makes it harder for air to pass.

The harder it is for air to pass, the longer a cigarette burns since you're sucking air through the cigarette with each drag.

In short, it wastes less tobacco on the idle burning which occurs while holding the cigarette and not actually smoking and, in turn, makes it smoke faster.
Page 1 of 2