I have a "Roland Cube 30x" amp and for it's size, it is very versatile. But for some reason I can't get it to sound any thing like the distorted part of Zeppelin's "Over the hills and far away." I haven't had any trouble at all getting most of their other songs to sound good. But when i switch from accoustic to any of the other 8 simmulated amps while playing this song, it doesn't even sound close (no matter where the equalizer or gain is). Any suggestions on the settings of my amp would be greatly appriciated.
You should just go pick up an original Plexi or JCM 800 and crank it... That'll work =P

but you wont get it with a modelling amp. The closest you'll get is an old british amp, little bit of gain, some mids, bit of bass, bit of treble.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
the tone on OTHAFA just screams small low wattage tube amp...
Quote by Lcrbsr
buy an orange

..which sounds absolutely nothing like an Orange.
Quote by Jesstaa
You should just go pick up an original Plexi or JCM 800 and crank it... That'll work =P

but you wont get it with a modelling amp. The closest you'll get is an old british amp, little bit of gain, some mids, bit of bass, bit of treble.
or a Marshall plexi or JCM800

Unless you are talking about his live tone on OTHAFA from HTWWW or TSRTS, in that case, Marshall plexi model (which unfortunately will not sound much like a plexi at all)
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by Invader Jim
this does not belng in GB&C. it goes in GG&A.

There's actually a rule that specifically states all questions about getting the right sound belong in the thread dedicated to that.

*stands behind Jim and looks tough*
There be no shelter here.