Page 1 of 2
if you still have it. inspired by the "would you sell your first guitar" thread. sadly i cant join because i dont have a camera, but mine is an epiphone les paul standard, it was about $200, the frets are all notched now but i still like it.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Fender Deluxe Players Strat. Still got it, of course, cuz I just started doing electric about a year ago. Done acoustic for a while before that- that's a 1972-73 Yamaha FG-580. Still got it, not getting rid of it cuz i got it from my late granddad
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by slash4114

mine was like this but wine red, Honestly i think its better than people here give it credit for, tone-wise its meh, but when it comes to playability mine feels just as good as some higher end ESP and Epi LPs.
Not my first one, but the first lefty I owned. I had a few right-handed pass me downs, but I never got really into playing until now.

It's a 'Denstone' ebay strat copy, upgraded with GFS-lil killer rails. I've added 3 DPDT switches for parallel/series/coil split as well to it. Painted the headstock, shimmed the neck, shield the inside and it plays pretty good.

And to answer the other thread, no I'll probably never get rid of it. It won't be worth anything money wise, but it will hold that value to me. Plus all my roommates and friends are right handed. lol.

Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Ibanez JetKing II. I would never sell it, it's still my favorite guitar.

Control your destiny.

Squier Affinity Stratocaster. It originally had White knobs and pickup covers, but I swapped the knobs and took off the covers. I still have, and I'm thinking about modding some better pickups into it, but IDK I might sell it.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
The first guitar was a Valencia acoustic, and then I borrowed a red strat copy from my boyfriend. However, I got my true first electric today, an ESP LTD EX-351.

Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 in gunmetal blue.
Valencia acoustic.
this is the way the world ends
not with a bang, but with a whimper
Last edited by Morphina. at Aug 24, 2009,
I wish I still had my first guitar.. Some strat copy from JC Penny's catalog. But that was 17 years ago. So
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
The Squier Acoustic was my first - Birthday gift from my wife in March 02

I was hooked, and bought the MIM Strat in May

went through various amps..
Started with cheapo Crate GX15 or something like that..
Went to a Line6 Spider II 75W about 3 years ago..
After jamming with my friend who had a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.....
Well needless to say it didn't take long to figure out how bad the Spider sucked...
But it took about a year to convince the wife I needed a different amp..
Got an Epiphone Valve Jr about a year later.
Then in August last year I got the Peavey Classic 30.
And finally about 2 months ago I got the MusicMan Axis SuperSport

Could not be happier...

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Aug 24, 2009,

No, but really.

Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
This vintage Conrad 10080 was my first project guitar. I found the body and neck on eBay, and got the rest of the parts for it, and put it together.
It now has a Bigsby on it, flatwound strings, and a custom wood veneer pickguard with binding I made for it. She plays like a dream.
I've restored a few old archtops since I brought this one back to life, but this one's special.
Attachments:
Traveler Guitar.jpg
This is the best picture I could at the moment. Taken back in June before I sold her. She didn't play so bad after a couple of adjustments there and here.

Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Washburn WR150, the model year is around 2000. Puts my first bass (and other guitar, for that matter) to shame.

Didn't want to post massive picture...
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115

been playing this Yamaha ERG121C for a year and a half now ..still playing it

it's a pretty solid beginner's kit guitar.

but still saving for a good guitar
"When I tried to play something and screwed up, I'd hear some other note that would come into play. Then I started trying different things to find the beauty in it."
-Dimebag Darrell

That's me playing it at a gig. I think it was my first ever gig actually.

IT's an Ibanez GRG170DX with custom pups. Sounds good.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I know a guy who's first guitar was a Steve Vai Signature. They must be filthy rich and he never plays it. It brings tears to my eyes.
Camilla Choads.

Worst guitar I ever owned, I only had it for a month or two before I upgraded to the G400 I still play occasionally today.
What I'm working with:
Fender Jazzmaster
Gibson SG-X
ESP EC-401
Peavey 6505+ w/ Voodoo mods
This, but the lower down model (£18.99 from Argos), followed by my first electric
(Invalid img)
An older version of that ^
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination

Electrically though it's a blue Japansese-made 1990's strat copy from a company called Bradley.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7

haha, I didn't wanna take the time to go to Photobucket, so I just googled it. That is my guitar, It was on the first page!
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
honestly it plays better than most acoustics I've tried

"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."

THIS
Quote by thewho65
They get payed to sit in restaurants and attract people? I would think paying a bunch of fat people to sit in your restaurant would be more effective.

"Let's eat there."

"Why?"

"Those fatasses seem to be enjoying it."
Page 1 of 2