Was a bit of a letdown.

People in the crowds are ****ing retarded. **** hardcore dancing
Warped Tour sucks every year man, are you really surprised? Ever since the line ups went from good punk bands to screamo/emo/scene bullshit its sucked..
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Quote by Katar
Actually, the punk crowds were awesome. REAL circle pits

if only they still had good punk bands...
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Quote by Dwight Schrute
Warped Tour sucks every year man, are you really surprised? Ever since the line ups went from good punk bands to screamo/emo/scene bullshit its sucked..

when did it have good punk bands?

i don't remember this?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Jako215
Try mayhem festival way better

eh

The only festival worth the ticket price is Wacken Open Air
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
well they still have some good bands. Just not enough
flogging molly? nofx? big d?
those are all great bands.

EDIT: forgot about streetlight manifesto and bad religion.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Last edited by Tatersalad1080 at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
when did it have good punk bands?

i don't remember this?

In the late 90's, CKY, Bad Religion, Lagwagon, the Vandals, quite a few others, basically before the infection of Emo punk/scene punk/screamo contaminated modern music..

and Sublime headlined it in 95.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Quote by Dwight Schrute
In the late 90's, CKY, Bad Religion, Lagwagon, the Vandals, quite a few others, basically before the infection of Emo punk/scene punk/screamo contaminated modern music..

It could be argued that those bands contaminated true punk. Music evolves, sometimes it takes a turn for the worst, but thats more a reflection of the state of our society.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by Dwight Schrute

Ah ok.

Would have been good to see The Vandals.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by tremeloud
It could be argued that those bands contaminated true punk. Music evolves, sometimes it takes a turn for the worst, but thats more a reflection of the state of our society.

Well, The Vandals still were punk, but the other bands I get what you're saying since their lyrics weren't really punk
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
ive been wanting to check out warped tour since i missed it back in 02(i think it was that year...the year that tsunami bomb was there...correct me if im wrong) but every following year the line up started going down hill and at this rate i dont think ill ever be going.
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
I went this year, it was pretty good. I went mainly for Black Tide, that right there was worth it.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Quote by Draind
ive been wanting to check out warped tour since i missed it back in 02(i think it was that year...the year that tsunami bomb was there...correct me if im wrong) but every following year the line up started going down hill and at this rate i dont think ill ever be going.

Also Tsunami Bomb did 03 as well. Once they broke up a few of the band members went on and formed "The Action Design" who did some shows at Warped 07.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Yeah warped went downhill a few years back...

I stopped going once I realized that all the bands were starting to sound the same...
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
never had much of a desire to go to this, besides 3 or 4 bands, it's not worth all the other bands, the crowds, and the heat.
Quote by Daydream_Goo
Also Tsunami Bomb did 03 as well. Once they broke up a few of the band members went on and formed "The Action Design" who did some shows at Warped 07.

i didnt know that. ill have to check them out
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
I love how people I knew were saying "omg I'm gonna get DESTROYED at Warped Tour ololol"

These are the types of people I want to take to Sounds of the Underground

But Warped Tour was good, even about 5-7 years ago when it had Circle Jerks and Bad Religion. But now..who's on the list now? 30h!3, Jeffree Star, and..Brokencyde? Warped Tour was suppose to be a tour for alternative bands that reflected against the mainstream, and now it's turned into the exact opposite.

Although I didn't go, I heard that FEAR was playing. They're the only band on the entire list (and it is a rather extensive list) that actually interests me
Last edited by The Shroom420 at Aug 25, 2009,
I went this year and had a great time. There were bands their that I didn't like but it is not like you have to sit there and watch them. Just go check out another band. I also got to meet Anthony Raneri, from Bayside, which was awesome.
I went to Warped in Toronto this year, and the line-up was actually pretty good. Ended up seeing Bad Religion, LTJ, NOFX, Flogging Molly, Alexisonfire, Anti-Flag and The Flatliners and it was worth every penny. With the amount of bands that are playing its not hard to just go to another stage and find someone playing that you like.
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Quote by Jako215
Try mayhem festival way better

Just as much fail as Warped Tour IMO

(cept for Black Dahlia)
My friends went and said Anti-Flag completely stole the show.

And Justin Sane got my friend a Monster.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
I went in Calgary and it was totally worth it for me. I got to see Alexisonfire, Less Than Jake, Streetlight Manifesto, Bayside, Bad Religion, A Day to Remember, and UnderOath, all in one day and for $40, I can't complain about that. Alexisonfire was absolutely amazing and the Canadian crowd soaked up every second. Bad Religion also got some extra play time due to some scheduling difficulties so we got **** Armageddon This is Hell added to their setlist which was awesome.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Haha, a lot of hate for Warped. I went to the Boston show, I had a good time
Anti-Flag, NOFX, and Bad Religion all put on unsurprisingly good shows. Saosin thoroughly impressed me, as did Chiodos. And I got to hang out with some of the bands on the smaller stages (VersaEmerge and the like) and they were all pretty cool. Oh, and Dear and the Headlights were really good too. A Day to Remember were really hyped up though, and I was not impressed.
EDIT: And Underoath were tight, and I was glad that they were so light on the religious ****. That's all fine and dandy, but that's not what I go to see a band for. They only took 15 seconds to explain their position. That was fine with me.
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder
I know another racially insensitive scientific term. "Dark matter." Science, please! Dark people do matter!

Quote by InvaderTSN
What is this.....sarcasm? Some form of french toast?
Last edited by TheFallen1328 at Aug 25, 2009,
well brokencyde was there so yeah.... it was a letdown haha. I threw a bottle at one of there faces.
NOFX's booth was selling water for a dollar a bottle, while the corporations were selling it for 5 dollars. That right there shows that the original spirit of Warped is still alive and well
Yea NOFX was selling all their shirts for $10, awesome deal.
I had vip so I got to go backstage and watch the bands from the side stage. I hung out with Less Than Jake for awhile and then met Nofx it was so fun!