http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-V-Dave-Mustaine-United-Abomination-Electric-Guitar?sku=520088

I played this guitar in a shop the other day, kinda liked it. I've been thinking about picking it up, does anyone have any feedback or other experience with it? Is there anything about it I should watch out for? I've heard the pickups aren't the best, but I'm not too worried about them.

[EDIT] More info: I'm looking to play things like Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, etc. My current set up is pretty simple, and I was definitely looking at this guitar since it's price would allow me to pick up an amplifier in the not too distant future, although price isn't a huge issue. I know some people are against signature models, but I thought the feel of this one was different than some of the other Dean V's.
Last edited by CFDragon at Aug 24, 2009,
I would go for the Rust in peace version...since it seems like you want the paintjob...

Dean guitars arent anything amazing.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
First of all, definatly try it before you buy it. It's not going to be the best guitar you play, but if the neck is anything like the actual Dave Mustaine VMNTs it alone is worth the price. The pic ups are going to need replacing and the hardware as well, but over all, it'll come out as a great guitar for less then the actual one.

Honestly, its a good guitar, but its going to get slagged because its a low end dean.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.