Alright, so I've been thinkin what I'm gonna do for a higher-end guitar, and I think I just got the greatest idea!

Alright, first I'd buy a regular Gibson Les Paul Studio Silverburst for 1300 dollars. Then I'd remove and sell the stock Gibson pickups.

Then I'd buy a set of the new EMG-X series. These new pups from EMG are supposed to sound more "organic" and "natural" while still retaining the bite and power of regular EMGs, which sounds godly to my ears and I'm sure to the ears of many other people.

So anyway, I'd buy an EMG 81-X for the bridge and an EMG 60-X for the neck and place them in, and boom! I bet you'd get a revolutionary sound out of that Les Paul. An easy mod, I know, but more than likely worth it!

Who else thinks this would be a mod worth doing?

----------------------------------------------------

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Prophecy Custom EX
Ibanez GIO (modded)
Marshall MG30DFX
Digitech Grunge Pedal

I'd rather die than go to heaven. -William Murderface
18v em while you're at it...(although im not sure about doin it to the x's not much experience with em)
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
yeah lol i need to learn how to do that to my futura, lol...

ive heard it really improves tone, but i dont know how to do it lol

MY GEAR!

Ibanez GIO (modded)
Marshall MG30DFX
Digitech Grunge Pedal

I had my local tech do it, I trust him with everything.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
So you are going to swap out the pups in a Les Paul?

STOP THE DAMN PRESSES! IT'S REVOLUTIONARY!
Wouldn't a new amp be a better investment?

But for the guitar, I agree it would be pretty sweet. I've always wanted a silverburst LP with EMG's.
This is our last chance.
IMHO, you're better off buying an EMG 81 and EMG 60, getting them at 18V, then shaping your tone with an EQ.

To me, this 'OMG NU ORGANIK SOWND' basically means "Right, we've destroyed the flat frequency response, even though that's what makes EMGs so great".

Also, the resale value on Gibson pickups isn't great... especially not for the rubbish 490T and 490R that come in the Studio and Special models.

And lastly.. you'd be better off buying one of these, and just keeping it as it is:

my guitar design IS WAY BETTER.

semi-pointless thread is pointles...
its wat you want, to be liek "OMIGOSH I HAS EMG 81 NAO I R l33t!"

what guitar you want, is your choice, to bother us with it unless your modding it
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
It's personal preference which guitar he wants. He didn't ask about an amp either....
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by BobDetroit
If this is off-topic spam I apologize... but Matt, your design made my night .
Gear:
-Saga strat, modded with guitarfetish p/ups
-epiphone abomination (don't know what it's called) with scalloped neck and power rails gfs p/up
-Fender Twin Reverb
-Blues screamer pedal
-Boss Turbo overdrive
i will hopfeully make one, and sell it
maybe try get ichc to advertize it on ther site!
it would be epic, epic lolz...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
omg this idea is the newest thing ever....oh wait EMGs in a les paul, ESP did it, epiphone did it, its reallly nothing new
Why do you copy and paste your sig in every post? Just set it as your signature
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson

Sure it would be worth doing, if you like EMGs.

But I wouldn't call a pickup swap revolutionary.....
Why is this revolutionary? Hell, even Hetfield used a gibson LP with EMGs as far as i know.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by wolfeman85
Alright, so I've been thinkin what I'm gonna do for a higher-end guitar, and I think I just got the greatest idea!
Please don't make threads like this.
All you're talking about is changing a particular set of pickups on a particular guitar and hyping it up as "the best idea ... EVER" It would become extremely annoying if every kid posted a thread about his particular guitar/pickup combination and did as you have here. Thankfully, most of them exercise more self-control.

Quote by wolfeman85
It wouldn't matter if a million people thought it was worth it or if you were the only one. If you play that that guitar and decide you like it and you hear those pickups and decide you like them, it might be worth doing FOR YOU.

If you DO buy this guitar and change the pickups, of course we'll welcome a thread about that. Some pics and links to soundclips would make it especially nice for anyone who might consider doing the same. But a thread like the one you have here, is mostly just clutter and a bit silly.

Quote by wolfeman85

MY GEAR!

Ibanez GIO (modded)
Marshall MG30DFX
Digitech Grunge Pedal

Go to the Newbie forum and read: Important: New Members FAQ
It explains how to create a signature that will automatically be displayed under your posts. Manually pasting it in each post is clumsy and silly. There's no need to do it that way.

You might want to reconsider the excessive use of smilies. Personally I think it looks juvenile. But it's your sig, your choice. Express yourself in a way that suits you best in your sig.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Please don't make threads like this.
All you're talking about is changing a particular set of pickups on a particular guitar and hyping it up as "the best idea ... EVER" It would become extremely annoying if every kid posted a thread about his particular guitar/pickup combination and did as you have here. Thankfully, most of them exercise more self-control.

It wouldn't matter if a million people thought it was worth it or if you were the only one. If you play that that guitar and decide you like it and you hear those pickups and decide you like them, it might be worth doing FOR YOU.

If you DO buy this guitar and change the pickups, of course we'll welcome a thread about that. Some pics and links to soundclips would make it especially nice for anyone who might consider doing the same. But a thread like the one you have here, is mostly just clutter and a bit silly.

Go to the Newbie forum and read: Important: New Members FAQ
It explains how to create a signature that will automatically be displayed under your posts. Manually pasting it in each post is clumsy and silly. There's no need to do it that way.

You might want to reconsider the excessive use of smilies. Personally I think it looks juvenile. But it's your sig, your choice. Express yourself in a way that suits you best in your sig.

very likely the biggest + ill ever give