I noticed not much is available on the net about these units so I'm giving you a heads up. For 40 dollars at your local Guitar Center it's a well made, good sounding pedal. It LOVES having the front over driven too. Makes BIG difference. My Clean boost is in front of that and is where it shall stay.

From mild to a good Marshall saturation. No squeaks, nice sustain, usable settings are easy to find. Built like a tank and looks good. I had the GC's MXR 86 or whatever it is they have on sale. Another GC exclusive. It's an exact copy of one of MXR's distortion pedals from what I've read and been told by people in the know.

This BBE has more umph to it. I had both of them. You can get close to metal but it's not a metal pedal. not shrill or biting sound. Rather smooth Marshall meaty sounding with room to spare. All settings at high noon will set you free. Tone has a lot of control as does the level and distortion.

Like I mentioned, put a clean boost in front of it and kick it in when you want to really sustain a note. Acts like another pedal. That hot input makes it do double duty. I always like a clean boost to come up over the top on a lead. Using a Boss LM-2 now but have used a GE-7 EQ with good results. The LM-2 is sweeter sounding.

I bought both, returned both and came back for the BBE. I'm keeping it. It has a home on my pedal board now. This all came about while trying to clean up my footprint. An ART ECC plus a few other things and I had trouble getting close to a mic. This is cool. I picked up the Danelectro Chili Dog for my octave pitch shift. It actually gives me two separate octaves down. That before this distortion makes for a cool sound. It can't take being in front of the distortion pedal though. Boost yhea, anything else forget it. Another well spent 30 bucks.

For 40 dollars the BBE AM 64 looks good, built solid, has usable ranges on all the controls and sounds pleasing to the ears. No nasty digital buzz saw stuff. Dialing in a saturated Marshal is easy. You'll like it. Limited to stock on hand? It's true Hard wired bypass too! No tone suck! Way to go BBE.
Last edited by psycom at Aug 24, 2009,
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out.

Maybe you should write a review.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I picked one up today, myself, and am pleasantly surprised for the $ spent.
Benford Strat x 2
Burton Strat
Burton Tele
Malden Karma
Lawrence Tele
Squier Deluxe Strat

Valve Junior/Bitmo Modded
Bugera V55HD/412H-BK
Quote by jc349
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out.

Maybe you should write a review.

I think I just did! What more can I say?
I'm an artist not a scientist!

My "Very-Tone Dog" by "Snarling Dog" is da shizt if you want a Marshal in a stomp box.
Throatier thump. Good luck finding one. If you do buy it. I'll be... still around, here's your link. This is WAY cool!

Snarling Dog
Last edited by psycom at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by psycom
I think I just did! What more can I say?
I'm an artist not a scientist!

My "Very-Tone Dog" by "Snarling Dog" is da shizt if you want a Marshal in a stomp box.
Throatier thump. Good luck finding one. If you do buy it. I'll be... still around, here's your link. This is WAY cool!

Snarling Dog

I meant in the reviews section of UG.........

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by jc349
I meant in the reviews section of UG.........

New to this site. sorry about that. now i see what you mean.
just checked, wow... that's a lot of work for me at the moment.

next time.
Rich
Last edited by psycom at Sep 1, 2009,
No problem dude.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by jc349
No problem dude.

Did you ever go check one of those out?
I tried it w/ my Ovation but it didn't get along
until I made it. Likes that hot signal for some reason.

But that's just me, always putting things in places
where the weren't meant to be. It likes electrics but
can be forced like everything else.

Buy one and do a review for me! THX