I can tremolo pick at about 140-150 bpm 16ths without tension for about 20-30 seconds. After that, my arm starts tensing up. I don't think this is a technique problem, because i just rest my palm on the bridge and i use my wrist. I probably lack stamina in my wrist muscles.

To overcome this problem, should I just play more or should I do non-guitar wrist exercises?

Side note: Is it a bad habit for your ARM to touch the guitar?
Just play more, stamina is something you gain with time. Of course, you have to make sure when tremolo picking, you're using the same technique as normal alternate picking.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by Timothongz
I can tremolo pick at about 140-150 bpm 16ths without tension for about 20-30 seconds. After that, my arm starts tensing up. I don't think this is a technique problem, because i just rest my palm on the bridge and i use my wrist. I probably lack stamina in my wrist muscles.

To overcome this problem, should I just play more or should I do non-guitar wrist exercises?

Side note: Is it a bad habit for your ARM to touch the guitar?

Are you anchoring? You could have no tension in your wrist, but at the same time could be putting a lot of unneeded tension on the bridge with your forearm. Your hand can be touching the bridge, just so long as you're not exerting any pressure on it.