hey guys.

so yeah i've noticed that they dont put grover tuners on their guitars anymore but instead 'Schecter Locking Tuners'.

Any reason as to why this is? It was one of the reasons their guitars are so brutal.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
cut backs... trying to make stuff cheaper i guess
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Cheaper to make their own i spose
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Cheaper and I personally don't see the problem. Schecter locking tuners stay in tune just fine.
WTLTL 2011
I was going to say Grovers are not always the best choice but some one beat me to it. They make good and bad Grovers I have gotten some guitars with crappy Grovers I think they are like LFR trems you can get good and bad. I have some low end guitars with no name tuners that are great. I don't own a Schecter with the new tuners but I have tried them out. I really can't say either way when you play a guitar for 15 to 20 min you really can't comment on the tuners. I don't think it's a big deal swapping tuners out is an easy job and Grovers can be had fairly cheap. I just got a set of used Grovers on Ebay for a wopping $13.00.

John
Cutting costs. The same reason a lot of the LTD's are made in Indonesia now. Seems like Korean plants finally gained some confidence in their guitar building and started charging more.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I'd rather have locking tuners.

Sperzels are beastly tuners.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Thinking of ordering a Hollywood soon, and I'm not sure which tuners I'm going to end up with, I think they may have used several in the model run. What are Sperzel's like?
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
Thinking of ordering a Hollywood soon, and I'm not sure which tuners I'm going to end up with, I think they may have used several in the model run. What are Sperzel's like?

Im not sure but when I played it it was awesome
they still have grovers on their FR guitars, i believe. i would rather have the locking tuners anyway though.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
Im not sure but when I played it it was awesome

Isn't it just? If I buy it anytime soon it'll set back my motorcycle fund by a few months and I don't actually NEED a new guitar right now.
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti

Very smooth, well made tuners. They have a thumbscrew on the back for the lock pin.
Fairly low gear ratio (12:1). They have a shorter post than other tuners, but this isn't a bad thing.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Very smooth, well made tuners. They have a thumbscrew on the back for the lock pin.
Fairly low gear ratio (12:1). They have a shorter post than other tuners, but this isn't a bad thing.

That sounds like the one I played in the shop, and it seemed a good system to me. I'll make sure I get it with those then.

In the meantime I've "borrowed" my cousins C1+ which is beautifully set up, so my Schecter cravings are sated for the moment allowing my resources to go on vehicles and concert tickets. Hoping to get the Hollywood by Christmas though.
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Last edited by Cosimo_Zaretti at Aug 25, 2009,
Yeah, I like schecters too.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden