Hello pitmonkeys, I need halp.

So I've gotta do a presentation on reggae music tomorrow in music and I was wondering what are some harder songs that I could pass off as reggae? Like Reggae with rock/metal influences (or vice-versa). I was thinking of doing Skindred but it's probably too much of a deviation from reggae. Also can anyone recommend some softer Skindred songs?
Try:

Pressure
Rude Boy For Life
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by MH400

You did note the use of the word "softer" right?

Nobody kicks ass, but I don't think it's fit for what TS wants.

I'd use Cause Ah Riot.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Just fully read OP.

"I was thinking of doing Skindred but it's probably too much of a deviation from reggae. "

My bad.
RIP Tom Searle.
Can't you just use some actual reggae instead of trying to pass non-reggae off as reggae?
Quote by SmarterChild
Can't you just use some actual reggae instead of trying to pass non-reggae off as reggae?

+1
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by SmarterChild

I could but I'm a rebel
Quote by SmarterChild

+1, pure reggae is way better then any crappy metal/reggae **** anyway, things dont always have to be brootal.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by Mechanixx
+1, pure reggae is way better then any crappy metal/reggae **** anyway, things dont always have to be brootal.

-100000 that is complete rubbish, if no-one had had ideas to mix genres and try new things we would be way back in the past still listening to classical.

We need people to take genres and expand them just too see if it works or doesn't.
Quote by blynd_snyper
I suppose you could make the argument that ska is a rock influenced reggae (or vice versa).

To me, their pretty much the same thing. I mean i'm no expert but in my opinion the technical aspects are all the same, the only difference being that reggae seems to imply the traditional, Bob Marley kind of thing while "ska" bands tend to blend it with another style like punk.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Bad Brains, definately. Hardcore/Reggae/Crossover.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Axe Samurai
-100000 that is complete rubbish, if no-one had had ideas to mix genres and try new things we would be way back in the past still listening to classical.

We need people to take genres and expand them just too see if it works or doesn't.

I think you missed the point of his post. He wasn't saying that people shouldn't mix genres, he was just stating a preference for pure reggae over 'hardcore' reggae. I, for one, agree with him. You got a bit ahead of yourself with that rant my friend.
TO = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from

TWO = the number 2

TOO = in addition; also; furthermore; to an excessive extent or degree
Cog- After the Fall
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning