Page 1 of 2
Hi, guys.

Any of you know of any studio recordings that contain mistakes that you can hear? Or studio recordings that are sloppy / aren't "tight"?

I used the search function and it came up with no results.

Just curious, thats all.
RIP Tom Searle.
Stairway to heaven - Led Zeppelin
Forgot minute and second though

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

It might have been intentional, but there is a cough at the beginning of "Wish you were here" by Pink Floyd
GO WINGS GO
Um.. on the early covers of Metallica's Garage Inc, there's alot of counting in and beeping at the start of songs, and people (Mainly Lars ) talking, and Hetfield burping.

I'm not really sure if they cared though, so..
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Buckethead has alot
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
FOB-What A Catch, Donnie!

After The Piano Fill, The Chord Sounds Wrong. They Chose It But You Can Tell It Sounds Wrong.
Listen to innuendo by Queen, use headphones of course.

During the drum fill at the beginning you can hear someone going One... two... three.... four.

Although, I don't really have a problem with it.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Eudaimonia Overture - Paul Gilbert

In the baroque outro, you can hear an open B ring out in the background sometime during it.

EDIT: In one of the BTBAM songs on the album Colors, I can hear a really annoying buzz in the middle. It totally killed the song for me
Last edited by XianXiuHong at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by ZepherBass
It might have been intentional, but there is a cough at the beginning of "Wish you were here" by Pink Floyd

That's intentional, supposed to sound like Gilmour is playing along with the radio.

Not really a Mistake but Bonhams squeaky bass pedal on some Led Zep songs

The knocking on the door before the solo to Beat It
Fissh demands you cease this faggotry at once!
The cough in Wish you were here is supposed to simbolize something which I don't recall, and metallica burping and talking during garage inc. is all intentional, meant to make it 'rawer' like it's all recorded in a garage or something I suppose.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by XianXiuHong
EDIT: In one of the BTBAM songs on the album Colors, I can hear a really annoying buzz in the middle. It totally killed the song for me

I'm currently listening to Colors for the 5th time in a row, so I'll try and listen out for it.

LEVEDIT: This album, no joke, is one of the most perfect, amazing and musically mind-blowing pieces of music I've ever heard. No exaggeration, I think this album comes close to being almost perfect IMHO.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Aug 24, 2009,
down in a hole by alice in chains, the first 3 seconds has a buzz. Oh and most any mustaine solos.
every song by Nirvana

/Thread
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Quote by MH400
Hi, guys.

Any of you know of any studio recordings that contain mistakes that you can hear? Or studio recordings that are sloppy / aren't "tight"?

I used the search function and it came up with no results.

Just curious, thats all.

In Polly by Nirvana at one point kurt comes in early with Polly wants a... and stops again but they left it in (Saw it on Classic Albums)

Even though I think it kicks arse in Electric Ladyland u can hear a snare going off in the background as hendrix plays on his own
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Hendrix plays off beat sometimes but I think he knows
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
In the Beatles song, damn forgot the name xD anyhow in this one song Lennon sings ''2 foot small'' whilst it should be ''2 foot tall'' , but they decided to keep it.
Quote by HalfBlackJack
In the good old days of PS2 sony would send me out new consoles for fun!

PS2 just died for no reason? new console : )
Coffee spilt all over it? new console : )
Got pissed on in the night???? new console : )

I miss pissing on consoles : (
Quote by 08L1V10N
Hendrix plays off beat sometimes but I think he knows

I was thinking in the studio version of Fire - Noel Redding misses like half the riff or something and the just kept it, I thought that woulda mentioned by now.

Quote by Nirvanarien
In the Beatles song, damn forgot the name xD anyhow in this one song Lennon sings ''2 foot small'' whilst it should be ''2 foot tall'' , but they decided to keep it.

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away I think
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Last edited by Venice King at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by soulflyV
I'm interested. Name a couple for me. I'm going to go look them up and never be able to listen to the songs again.

Big Sur Moon.
Led Zeppelin have a fair few. I love those sort of things in studio recordings. It makes them seem more human.
ob-la-di, ob-la-da by The Beatles
Happy Jack by The Who (maybe not a mistake, but Townshend shouting "I saw yer!" at Moon sneaking back in the studio to sing along probably wasn't originally planned )
Tommy's Holiday camp on the Live at Leeds Album. (Who again) Townshend sings the line, "Good Morning campers!" but the 'campers' part is drowned out somewhat by Moon shouting "WANKERS!" instead

EDIT: If you count it as a mistake, Matt Bellamy's really loud breathing. I cant listen to Muse anymore because all I ever hear is him going "HOOOOOOOAARR" before every line
Last edited by Matt-92 at Aug 24, 2009,
Green day - time of your life, they say in f word (what sounds like it anyway) during the intro.
To be with you - Mr Big.

Gilbert messed up the Solo when they were recording, and one note has a longer pause than all of the rest of it, but he said he liked the sound of it more so they kept it.
Quote by Venice King

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away I think

Yeah thats the one! Been a long time since i listend any Beatles :P
Quote by HalfBlackJack
In the good old days of PS2 sony would send me out new consoles for fun!

PS2 just died for no reason? new console : )
Coffee spilt all over it? new console : )
Got pissed on in the night???? new console : )

I miss pissing on consoles : (
at the beginning of the second verse of "out on the tiles" from zeppelin III you can hear planty going "stop." it was an outtake from an overdubbed vocal part.
i flew beyond the sun before it was time
Quote by joeymaxx
Big Sur Moon.

I swear that's all intentional.

If it's not, I hate you for ruining that song for me
Turn It Again by the Chili Peppers, John smudges just one note but decided to keep the take
Megadeth's Paranoid cover, Nick Menza keeps playing after the songs done which is pretty funny lol
In "8 days a week" by the Beatles, the lead guitar sounds really wrong in parts, dunno if its just me.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Im very Surprised no one has said Eruption

Eddie recalled "I didn't even play it right. There's a mistake at the top end of it. To this day, whenever I hear it I always think, 'Man, I could've played it better.'"
apparently if you listen to Aerosmith's Pump album carefully, you can hear Mick Mars' guitar for when Motley Crue were recording Dr.Feelgood (i think), and Steve Tyler used to come in (they were in the recording room next to aerosmith's) and tell him to turn it down, lol
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Page 1 of 2