Hey my uncle sent me a MXr 151 doublshot distortion pedal and im wondering what power supply and what milliamps im gonna need to run it

i cant find anything in google

thanks in advance
I would be surprised if it wasn't a standard 9V Boss-style adaptor.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
no its 18 V thats all i know i need milliampage cause the psu i got for it is an 18 v but im not sure if its right MA cause when i plug it in the pedal sounds awful lots of hiss and humm the pdeal does look like its been used well lots of scratches and stuff....could it be a trannie or somthing to do with the actual board inside the pedal??? thanks again
That's just what the pedal sounds like.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
really thats unfortunate i read all these reviews saying it was good ahh well any help still appreciated
play with it some more... some pedals just sound awful at certain settings... i've had quite a few i had to put in atleast (mind you ATLEAST) an hour turning knob after knob in order to find a proper sound
How much output and gain were you using on it? It probably gets noisier the more gain you're using on it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
no i had everything on about mid or a lil over and gain on about 1 o clock

should i slap my noise suppresor next to it....i also need the milliamperage thanks if anyone knows it cause if my power supply im using isnt right that could be the reason im getting this hiss its 180 milliamps
Last edited by shaenb243 at Aug 24, 2009,
It's 18v at either 100ma or 200ma, I forget.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
pedals will only draw as much current as they need. most distortion pedals dont have a high current draw. i looked up the adapter it comes with and it is 18V at 150mA. so your power supply should actually be fine.
hmm would there be another reason for the hum and hiss like something is a little old on the inside cause the pedal is well used?? if so would it just need me to put a new capactior or trannie in?
I'm not familiar with your pedal.

I have a few pedals that actually need an AC power adapter. And it's not good if you get the AC adapters mixed up with the DC pedals.
ok it needs an AC adapter now if i was using a dc as it dosent tell me what would it do?
Quote by shaenb243
ok it needs an AC adapter now if i was using a dc as it dosent tell me what would it do?

Most pedals take 9vdc. Some take 18 vdc. A few take 12-32 vac. If you use the wrong power source it will probably ruin the pedal but it may just sound really bad which might be your problem.
the power supply i got has from 5 v, 7.5v, 12, 15v,18v and 23 v im not sure if its an ac- dc converter or just an ac adapter its shaped like this \ / so i have to turn the adapter upside down to fit in the socket.
maybe its because its one of these cheap power supplies
i tried one with my wah and it made ALOT of noise.
you should try to get the original power supply or one designed for pedals