Hey.

As a few of you might remember, i've been after a Les Paul shaped guitar.

Every guitarist would think, "Ah look into Epiphone for a good LP" I did. Then i found this: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=72458 A Vintage V100.

After comparing the Epi LP Custom (£500), the Epi LP Standard (£300) and the V100 (£200), i found that they are more or less the same guitars in terms of body woods and neck joins.

So to decide which one i'd buy, i'd need your help!

Which guitar is better in terms of build quality and hardware? At the moment pick ups aren't much of an issue so tuners and bridges i'd like advise on.

Is the £100 jump between the V100 and the Epi Standard worth it?

Thanks a lot!

Oosh.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
the V100 is as good if not better IMO. I own one and I have just replaced it as its old and knackered and none of the epiphones I played in the shops were a patch on it if im honest... It seemed pointless "upgrading" to a guitar that isnt as good as the one im replacing... the extra £100 isnt in my opinion worth it
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
the V100 is as good if not better IMO. I own one and I have just replaced it as its old and knackered and none of the epiphones I played in the shops were a patch on it if im honest... It seemed pointless "upgrading" to a guitar that isnt as good as the one im replacing... the extra £100 isnt in my opinion worth it

It's made in the exact same factory, out of the same stuff, so it'll have the same basic specs. There may be a few minor differences here, but they don't really change anything. You're really just paying for the name on the Epi.

I'd go for the Vintage here. Maybe look at the Vintage Advance series, some amazing guitars in there, if you don't mind losing the body shape a tiny bit.

EDIT: http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/32260-vintage-advance-series-av1-natural-flame.html/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base

http://www.reidys.com/index.pl?submit=View_PLU&PLU=6673&utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=PriceComparison

These are really good guitars now. The gold top is qutie good as well, as it can go to humbucker to single coil tones, with it's 'roll control'. Adds tons of versatility, brilliant playability and cheaper than a LP Standard. One last option would be this.. This guitar feels amazing, sounds amazing, and the only real downside is that the 'relicing' looks fake close up. But, it's a small price to pay.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Aug 24, 2009,
The Vintage has better pups than the Epiphones. I'd say go for it, you won't be dissatisfied.
I would favour the Vintage a bit although a mate of mine just took delivery of some and rejected 60% as too poor to sell. That's almost as bad QC as the Epis. Good alternatives would certainly be Burny and perhaps T.C.Ellis whose deals look amazing. These are the two I'm going to look at soon so any feedback you find would be a help to me too.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

The V100 and the EPi Standard will be, on average, the same. Sure, one or two from each brand might be really good and some might be poor, but overall there's no reason to pick one over the other; the Epi has the 'real' body shape and resale value, the Vintage saves you money on your initial purchase.

However if you have enough money to be looking at Epis, especially the Epi Custom, I strongly urge you to look into the Vintage Advance series. They're better guitars than the Epi Standard/Epi Custom/V100, they've got a couple of fairly unique features and they're all-round better value, especially since the Vintage Advance series normally don't even cost what an Epi LP Custom does.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.