Hey guys,

how safe is it to run 2 marshal heads (DSl and a TSL) into the same cabinet (1960A)?

would i need to change the impedance selected on the back?

Any other issues to worry about?
I think you'd need an A/B box to be able to do that, you couldn't run them both directly into it.
Quote by AdamDK
I think you'd need an A/B box to be able to do that, you couldn't run them both directly into it.

I was thinking the same thing.
Don't do that!
If you A/Bed them they would break, don't do it. You need a special switch which will take the load of the heads ... like the tonebone or something, it's around £200/$300.
This thread is dirty. "2 heads, 1 cab", "take the load of the head"

Anyway, don't run them both in and don't use an A/B box because that would be bad for the heads. There probably is a way to do it but I don't know what it is. Hehe "tonebone"!
I thought 1960A cabs were stereo? Do you see this at the back?

If so, then switch it to stereo, plug in both heads at 8 Ohms and rock on!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
No!

1 head, 1 cab, you can't run 2 heads simultaneously - allow yourself 50% headroom so at least a 150w cab for a 100w amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You'll need this to run two heads safely into one cab. The Radial Headbone VT.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
This thread is full of fail.....

You can ABY this up a notch....

The whirlwind switcher will allow this....the Radial headbone will allow this.....and to those saying you can't combine the two heads *cough steven seagull cough*, you CAN mix them...that is what the Y feature is all about....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by Brendan.Clace
This thread is full of fail.....

You can ABY this up a notch....

The whirlwind switcher will allow this....the Radial headbone will allow this.....and to those saying you can't combine the two heads *cough steven seagull cough*, you CAN mix them...that is what the Y feature is all about....

cough, he meant without the $250 pedal, cough.
mentioned a couple of times before you posted in this full of fail thread.
in addition to the stereo option, if that's what the op was asking.

he didn't want the guy to run a head without carrying the load.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by steven seagull
No!

1 head, 1 cab, you can't run 2 heads simultaneously - allow yourself 50% headroom so at least a 150w cab for a 100w amp.

The 1960A is 300W (GT75 speakers), which would allow you to use 2 heads on it in stereo.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
The 1960A is 300W (GT75 speakers), which would allow you to use 2 heads on it in stereo.

+1

I did it all the time with my old 1960b cab and it was perfectly fine. 120 watt head on 2 speakers 100 watt head on the other two.. Sounded fine as well
Quote by LP_CL

This.

/thread