Do any companies make regular guitar tuners, but with MASSIVE screens? I want to be able to rock out on stage and glance over from a distance to check my tuning, none of those tiny displays for me. I know that Boss make the TU-1000, but that's a lotta money. I want just a regular tuner with a big screen!
ibanez lu20
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
How big of a distance?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
How big of a distance?

Just big enough so that I can clearly see it without having to stand right above it. Alternatively, if any of them have particularly bright displays, that could work.
KORG DTR-1000 or DTR-2000?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Just big enough so that I can clearly see it without having to stand right above it. Alternatively, if any of them have particularly bright displays, that could work.

How far of a distance, not how big of a screen. How far are you going to be physically standing from the tuner?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Get a rack tuner man, then just balance it on your amp or wherever, you can see those from anywhere, plus they stare straight at you! Might be a bit more expensive than a pedal, but it would be perfect for you!
Diezel, Motherfucker
get a rack tuner off ebay. they always have korg tuners that normally end under $100.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
how the hell are you gonna tune from the other side of the stage? Ya gotta be able to hit the footswitch to use the tuner. you could use the bypass function i guess, if you dont mind annoying the hell out of the audience by having them hear you tune. and how are you gonna check your tuning while playing chords or leads? think about this for a minute lol
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Quote by Bright Light
how the hell are you gonna tune from the other side of the stage? Ya gotta be able to hit the footswitch to use the tuner. you could use the bypass function i guess, if you dont mind annoying the hell out of the audience by having them hear you tune. and how are you gonna check your tuning while playing chords or leads? think about this for a minute lol

I'll just leave it on the whole time. I'd be using a tuner out so it's out of the path of my regular signal, then if I want it silent I can hit the off switch going to my amp, if not then everyone can just hear me tuning
You're right, I didn't quite think about that.

Quote by gregs1020
How far of a distance, not how big of a screen. How far are you going to be physically standing from the tuner?

However far I am. I could end up anywhere! I don't really want to have to rush back to the tiny display everytime I think I'm a little out.

At the moment I've been using one of those little tuners which clips on your headstock, so it doesn't matter how close I am to my pedals, but I've found them to suck compared to actual tuners which you plug into.

EDIT:
The rackmount tuners look pretty much ideal, thanks!
I suggest soul power.

That is, get the soles of your feet working and just walk over to the tuner when you want to tune.

Or get a rack-mountable tuner. This all seems pretty obvious.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...