Hey guys. I just got my basic recording figured out. I used a line 6 spider for the recording in my profile, but I want to use my Peavey 6505 for obvious reasons and beacause i want to be able to hear what im playing. Except I have one problem. The input level. There is no adjustment on the amp for it and when I turn the input level in audacity down to .01 it doesn't help at all. Any ideas?

I have a B-52 that works how it should. If I turn the volume down it responds. But the Peavey is just all out no matter what volume i have it set at. Any ideas?
Audacity is fine, it's the fact that he's not using proper hardware that's the problem, also adjust the input level on your interface/sound card.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by seanington
Buy a mic and an interface. Thats an awesome amp, don't ruin it with audacity man.

I really want to do this as I feel it would give me the results i've been wanting. What would I need to sucessfully mic my amp?

Also, I turned the input down on my soundcard also. I have a dell xps Laptop but i think it's the weakest link in my system. But I guess if I get a mic I wont have to use my laptop's sound card any more.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Audacity is fine, it's the fact that he's not using proper hardware that's the problem, also adjust the input level on your interface/sound card.

Whats the "Proper" Hardware?
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Whats the "Proper" Hardware?

Not using a crappy soundcard that's only meant for watching youtube vids let me guess, you've plugged the line out into the mic in or something? I'd get an interface, maybe a UCA202, and see if that works first.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Spend a few hundred dollars on a decent usb/firewire interface, now days these are usually bundled with a small/lite version of a DAW like cubase something similar. Have a play around with mic placement and listen to what sounds best.