Ok, ive made several threads about new basses and all the responses have been great and helped me narrow down my choices. However, I've had a complete change of mind now after finding this. I already think Ibanez make decent basses and i was just wondering if anyone has played this model and could give me their opinion?
I was also wondering if anyone could reccommend some les paul shaped basses? I have up to around £500 to spend.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
KieronC07
Looks like it has the same hardware as the hollowbody artcore, which is most excellent.
Just so you know, most any les paul shaped bass is going to neck dive like a mofo. The same goes for any epi bass, other than the embassy.
Nope, no sig here.
Italia!!! They have teh coolest looking LP basses! If anything, just look them up. I think you'd like it (:
Try adding more delay.
Rondo makes short scale fretless lp basses, but I don't know if you'd like those....

Ibanez basses are very good, though I haven't played any of the artcores.

edit:

Quote by KieronC07
Is it true about the neckdive?

epis are known for the neckdive, yes. I haven't played an lp bass, but I suppose they would. You might be able to remedy that though, by moving the strap button. People do that on tbirds all the time
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Aug 24, 2009,
Is it true about the neckdive?

EDIT: (forgot to put this in) I think im pretty much set on the Ibanez, so im going to attempt to test out it out later this week but i would like to know if anyone has any more info on these. And that Rondo is one sexy beast.

KieronC07
Last edited by KieronC07 at Aug 24, 2009,
Keep in mind that the Ibanez is a shorter scale at only around 30 inches...that being said you won't have as much problem with a neck dive but you also will have to put on (at least impo) heavier strings to maintain low end thump. But if you really want an LP bass go for it, though my faves are the esp's and italia's
longscale LP basses are well known for their neck-dive issues. although Les Paul was the greatest guitar designer of all time, IMO, Leo Fender designs rule the bass world.

Edit: /was
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Aug 24, 2009,
A good strap will make neck-dive a very minor problem. I have an Epiphone SG and it works just fine a nice strap. I love the tone of that thing. Not so good for slap, but it definately gets the job done.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
longscale LP basses are well known for their neck-dive issues. although Les Paul was the greatest guitar designer of all time, IMO, Leo Fender designs rule the bass world.

Edit: /was

I rather like Rossmeisl myself. a very brilliant builder.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I could be totally wrong, but didn't Gibson make Les Paul basses at one point?
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by cal1
I could be totally wrong, but didn't Gibson make Les Paul basses at one point?

They still do. I wouldn't recommend them, because they're overpriced and not all that well designed. I vote for the Ibby, Italia, or try the Rondo basses if you're daring
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
ESP make a range of LP shaped basses, if I was to recommend any LP shaped bass it would be them. They look absolutely stunning and looking at the specifications seem like very solid investments.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
Hagstrom make a really nice looking Lp shaped bass.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by oz_bassist
ESP make a range of LP shaped basses, if I was to recommend any LP shaped bass it would be them. They look absolutely stunning and looking at the specifications seem like very solid investments.

I agree. The new ones that just came out (414 or something like that) look pretty sweet.