Hi guys,

I have a Epi Les Paul-100. Through some errors, I have 2 bridge Seymour Duncan Phat Cats. A guy said that its ok to install the bridge pickup in the neck position. What I want to know is; Will the sound be different compared to a neck Phat Cat? and what's the difference between a bridge pickup and a neck pickup?

Thanks in advance
well, some sets say that one goes into the neck and the other in the bridge, but pickups can go in either position. most of the time, the higher output pickups goes in the bridge and the lower output pickup goes in the neck. lot's of Seymour Duncan sets are like this.

Phat cats can go in both, because they are made to sound good in both positions. many guitarists use the same pickups in both potitions. Trey Anastasio and Mark Morton use SD '59s in both positions and Slash uses Alnico Pro IIs in both postions.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 24, 2009,
I'm not 100%, but in the case of EMGs, a bridge in the neck sounds very muddy.
Quote by Jhachey22
well, some sets say that one goes into the neck and the other in the bridge, but pickups can go in either position. most of the time, the higher output pickups goes in the bridge and the lower output pickup goes in the neck. lot's of Seymour Duncan sets are like this.

Phat cats can go in both, because they are made to sound good in both positions. many guitarists use the same pickups in both potitions. Trey Anastasio and Mark Morton use SD '59s in both positions and Slash uses Alnico Pro IIs in both postions.

Soundwise, will I get different sounds for neck and bridge? or will it be the same?
Quote by nargoe
Soundwise, will I get different sounds for neck and bridge? or will it be the same?

different position will yield different sounds because of the placement., just like the position and size of the sound hole on an acoustic will yield different sounds.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.