I bought a new 2009 Gibson Les Paul at Guitar Center and they didn't give me the certificate or anything.

All they gave me was guitar.

I thought they were supposed to give you the box it came with and the certificate of authenticity.
I thought you were supposed to get a case. Maybe you should like go and ask for one or something. Or you could just enjoy the fact you have one.
I did ask for one and the guy said all you get is the guitar

ill probly go return it and just order another one online
Yes, it should have come with a case, certificate, hang tags, gibson manual, and I think a hex wrench.

I'd return it for a full refund, tell a manager what happened (GC employees do this sometimes so that they can keep the case and then toss it in as a freebie to someone else to make a sale) and then go buy a used les paul on craigslist.

edit: not sure about the certificate of authenticity with a standard, now that I think of it.
Gibsons should always come with the case. However, at GC, they will usually try to rip you off by trying to make you buy the case that should already come free with it.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Quote by ibanezgod1973
you are suppose to get a case, but i`ve never had a CofA withany gibson i`ve bought

+1, the certificate of authenticity is for custom shop models i thought.

but your guitar should definitely have come with a case for definite - go back and compain. whichever les paul it is, it should come with a case, the gibson site specifies it, so i don't think companies are allowed to be selling it separately, and i think the manufacturers need to clamp down on this.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
You should definately get the case with it, I did.
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
COA for a std gibson lp? Thats silly. It's not rare, just expensive. Not like you have a rare guitar. 1,000,000 people have that same guitar most likely. If you can afford a lp, you can afford a case.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Quote by CKYIbanezParker
COA for a std gibson lp? Thats silly. It's not rare, just expensive. Not like you have a rare guitar. 1,000,000 people have that same guitar most likely. If you can afford a lp, you can afford a case.

Unless you're someone that had saved up the money to buy a Gibson
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Go back and get the case etc. and tell them you want 10% off for your trouble or you want your money back.
Quote by CKYIbanezParker

it's not silly, it's called proper authenticity, there are loads of fake gibsons out there. and having a COA could make your life easier when you decide to sell it down the road. why should he spend more money when it suppose to come with a case or a gig bag in the first place.
Quote by Natrone
Unless you're someone that had saved up the money to buy a Gibson

seriously. some people work pretty hard to get the guitars they've got.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by CKYIbanezParker

. o o ( Join date...May 2009)

Oh...never mind

All jokes asside...They knew exactly what they were doing man. Never trust GC.
I've never heard of a new Gibson Standard being sold without a case. Man...they are seriously chopping themselves off at the knees. More and more people don't want to shop with them because of this stuff. It happens across the entire country. Thats what gets me.

I was quoted $125 to have my strat fixed.

The players on this site sent me to my local hardware store. $3 and 10 mins later my guitar was fixed...with no permanent mods.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Aug 24, 2009,