I want to fit a Graphtech nut on my Vintage 62 Strat (vintage radius) and just wanted to know if the pre-slotted nut from Graphteck would fit. They don't seem to have this info on the website (at least I coudn't see it...)
The ones I bought were 9.5, but made so they could form flatter... I doubt it would work well for 7.25
Most of the aftemarket Strat nuts ive seen are the vintage 7 1/2" radius. I have a 12" radius neck and cant find any preformmed pre slotted nuts.
thin slice o skin
Quote by Baby Joel
http://www.graphtech.com/product-305-2/
Strat-style preslotted nut. Should work fine.

Well, that's exactly the spec that I viewed, but where does it tell it that it would fit a vintage 7.5'' radius?

Also they seem to have another version with a little step in the centre. I don't know which one would be the correct one.
It's not the fingerboard radius that you should be looking at - it's the width at the nut.
^this is correct.

And I fitted a standard graphtech nut to my 7 1/4" radius neck, with no problems. Even though they're pre slotted, you'll still need to file the slots a bit for a decent action, so radius isn't a consideration here really.

But you'll need to check for flat bottomed or curved nut slot in your guitar. One of the first links was flat bottomed, whereas some older guitars (and maybe resissue types) have a curved nut slot. Its worth checking, even if it only something small.
Quote by blue_strat
It's not the fingerboard radius that you should be looking at - it's the width at the nut.

Quote by supergerbil
^this is correct.

And I fitted a standard graphtech nut to my 7 1/4" radius neck, with no problems. Even though they're pre slotted, you'll still need to file the slots a bit for a decent action, so radius isn't a consideration here really.

But you'll need to check for flat bottomed or curved nut slot in your guitar. One of the first links was flat bottomed, whereas some older guitars (and maybe resissue types) have a curved nut slot. Its worth checking, even if it only something small.

So much win/sexual innuendo at the same time!
You just read this sentence.