soon ill be having a Engl Blackmore amp and my question is How many cables do i need for my setup and what type?

Setup: Guitar, ROCKCASE RC 23120B (not sure if i should put this in FX loop and does this come with patch cables?), Engl Blackmore, 2X12 Harley Benton V30 cab.

Would like to have 1 cable (3m) with a angled plug for my guitar. Its for home practice atm so what length should i buy? i want to spend around 20 euros for a cable. http://www.thomann.de/nl/cat_cableguy~ncx.html?ccmem=1 this is where i will order them.

Loads of questions sorry for that!
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
if your Rockcase goes in the effect loop, you'll need three guitar cables and a speaker cable. if it's going in the front of the amp, you'll only need two guitar cables and a speaker cable.

make sure you get a SPEAKER CABLE. this is vital. plug a regular guitar cable into the cab and you're new head is fried.

but good quality cables, too. something like Monster Cable, Zzyzyx or Geroge L's. no sense buying a $2,000 amp and using $10 cables.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by Jhachey22
if your Rockcase goes in the effect loop, you'll need three guitar cables and a speaker cable. if it's going in the front of the amp, you'll only need two guitar cables and a speaker cable.

make sure you get a SPEAKER CABLE. this is vital. plug a regular guitar cable into the cab and you're new head is fried.

but good quality cables, too. something like Monster Cable, Zzyzyx or Geroge L's. no sense buying a $2,000 amp and using $10 cables.

just found out about the speaker cable, thx for mentioning that haha. I would have a chorus, tuner, wah and maybe some other pedals in the future in the rockcase, should i put it in the FX loop?

I think i will buy this cable for my guitar http://www.thomann.de/nl/cordial_csi3rpsilent.htm 35,16$
And this for the rockcase http://www.thomann.de/nl/planet_waves_pwg05_klinkenkabel.htm 28,15 $

and now im gnna look for the speaker cable. How should i connect the head? 1x 8 ohms or 2x 16 ohms

thank you very much in advance

EDIT: this speaker cable will do right? http://www.thomann.de/nl/planet_waves_pws05.htm 26,73$
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Amp
Pick
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Last edited by Gryphon999 at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by Gryphon999
just found out about the speaker cable, thx for mentioning that haha. I would have a chorus, tuner, wah and maybe some other pedals in the future in the rockcase, should i put it in the FX loop?

I think i will buy this cable for my guitar http://www.thomann.de/nl/cordial_csi3rpsilent.htm 35,16$
And this for the rockcase http://www.thomann.de/nl/planet_waves_pwg05_klinkenkabel.htm 28,15 $

and now im gnna look for the speaker cable. How should i connect the head? 1x 8 ohms or 2x 16 ohms

thank you very much in advance

EDIT: this speaker cable will do right? http://www.thomann.de/nl/planet_waves_pws05.htm 26,73$

plug the 1x8 ohms into the head's 8 ohm out. he 2x16 option is for two cabs.

do what sounds right to you. i prefer to send all my effects in the front end of the amp so they go before the preamp, but some people like to put modulation stuff (chorus, phaser, flanger) through the loop so they go after the preamp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
plug the 1x8 ohms into the head's 8 ohm out. he 2x16 option is for two cabs.

do what sounds right to you. i prefer to send all my effects in the front end of the amp so they go before the preamp, but some people like to put modulation stuff (chorus, phaser, flanger) through the loop so they go after the preamp.

what is the difference if you put it in the FX loop and can I put the rockcase in front of the amp?
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Amp
Pick
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Quote by Gryphon999
what is the difference if you put it in the FX loop and can I put the rockcase in front of the amp?

ok, i'm not sure if you understand what i'm saying so i'm going to try to simplify things.

the effects loop puts the effects in between the pre amp and the power amp, as opposed to putting your effects through the front end of the amp, which is putting your effects through the preamp gain then the power amp. the benefit of using your effects in the preamp is that you're running the signal, and therefore the tone, of the preamp through your pedals (it's kind of like turning your amp into a pedal and putting it in your effects chain).

when i say in front of the amp, i mean through the guitar input, as opposed to the effects loop, which is usually at the back of the amp.

the rockcase is just a pedalboard, yes? you can put it wherever you want.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
ok, i'm not sure if you understand what i'm saying so i'm going to try to simplify things.

the effects loop puts the effects in between the pre amp and the power amp, as opposed to putting your effects through the front end of the amp, which is putting your effects through the preamp gain then the power amp. the benefit of using your effects in the preamp is that you're running the signal, and therefore the tone, of the preamp through your pedals (it's kind of like turning your amp into a pedal and putting it in your effects chain).

when i say in front of the amp, i mean through the guitar input, as opposed to the effects loop, which is usually at the back of the amp.

the rockcase is just a pedalboard, yes? you can put it wherever you want.

you mean before or after the preamp?

the rockcase is a pedalboard with internal power supply. http://www.warwick-distribution.de/?katID=21999&cl=EN&did=2

I think ill just try both the FX loop and the other way so i can actually hear the difference myself. tuner is supposed to go like guitar>tuner>(effects)>preamp>(FX loop)>poweramp right? also, where should i put a wah?

haha idc
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Amp
Pick
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Quote by Gryphon999
you mean before or after the preamp?

the rockcase is a pedalboard with internal power supply. http://www.warwick-distribution.de/?katID=21999&cl=EN&did=2

I think ill just try both the FX loop and the other way so i can actually hear the difference myself. tuner is supposed to go like guitar>tuner>(effects)>preamp>(FX loop)>poweramp right? also, where should i put a wah?

haha idc

what would be the sense of having an effects loop the goes before the preamp ? thet's kind of the point of an effects loop.

yes, what you've listed out is correct if you want to run your effects through the front end of your amp.

if you want to run them through the effects loop (after the preamp), it should go guitar>tuner>preamp>effects(FX loop)>poweramp. there is no real set rule where to place your pedals, but i would put it though the front.

i'm still not sure what you mean. the flight case is just a case for your effects. it does not matter where it goes, because it's not going to affect your sound whatsoever.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by Jhachey22
what would be the sense of having an effects loop the goes before the preamp ? thet's kind of the point of an effects loop.

yes, what you've listed out is correct if you want to run your effects through the front end of your amp.

if you want to run them through the effects loop (after the preamp), it should go guitar>tuner>preamp>effects(FX loop)>poweramp. there is no real set rule where to place your pedals, but i would put it though the front.

i'm still not sure what you mean. the flight case is just a case for your effects. it does not matter where it goes, because it's not going to affect your sound whatsoever.

with the rockcase i mean my pedals, sorry for that. But i guess where you put the effects is a player preference. ill start out with the effects in front of my amp (gnna buy the rockcase thing first) and ill buy another cable with it when i order my engl and try it in the FX loop as my current amp doesnt even have one (im afraid i will have to wait 1 month).

But are those cables i linked before good enough and are they the right ones?
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Amp
Pick
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Quote by Gryphon999
with the rockcase i mean my pedals, sorry for that. But i guess where you put the effects is a player preference. ill start out with the effects in front of my amp (gnna buy the rockcase thing first) and ill buy another cable with it when i order my engl and try it in the FX loop as my current amp doesnt even have one (im afraid i will have to wait 1 month).

But are those cables i linked before good enough and are they the right ones?

they look decent. should do you good.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
they look decent. should do you good.

alright, i thank you for all the help!
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Amp
Pick
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Quote by Gryphon999
alright, i thank you for all the help!

no problem. just post some clipzorz when you get your setup in order.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 25, 2009,
Quote by Jhachey22
no problem. just post some clipzorz when you get your setup in order.

well, then i gotta buy some recording equipment to.. the amp and the cables etc. are 1850 in total.. i think i dont have any money left then and i dont have a camera, only a mobile phone to record with but since i lost the cable i cant use that either..

Maybe you know some fairly cheap way of recording? not that im a great guitar player or something.. (playing for 2 years+ and i suck at soloing )

EDIT: do you maybe know if this contains any patch cables (i need 4)?
or
Which of these are the best to buy? http://www.thomann.de/nl/cordial_cfi_015_rr.htm or http://www.thomann.de/nl/pro_snake_patch_klinke_winkel_015_m.htm
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Amp
Pick
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus