Mourning Tide
Guitar, bass and vocals by me
Drum programming by me.

Crit me I'll crit you.

p.s. I'm a rhythm guitarist... please don't be too harsh about my lack of lead brilliance.
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition
wow, this is really good. I like the vocals.

For the lead part: It sounds like you are pressing the strings down too hard so they go out of tune (this is during the slower part at the beginning of the solo), but it could also be that you make a little bending everytime you want to do some vibratto

but the solo is very well pieced together
Yeah, I do death grip my guitar when I play... I was used to playing my Gibson... which was refretted by my friend years ago... so it's fret job is awful so to compensate I have to press ultra hard, but I recorded the song with my BC rich which I didn't even consider the fact I could use feather light pressure. Thankfully my Gibson is being refretted and leveled to my own custom needs. Thank you for the crit.
LTD mp-600
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Rythem guitarist FTW! I liked it, its pertty well put together. You got a nice voice, and the guitar work is awesome, dont let anyone tell you otherwise. One thing I was looking for in the song though was a rythme guitar, which there wasent, I think you where trying to play rythem and lead at the same time. To me I would of liked to see mabey a heavy rythem riff under all the lead instead of using the bass as your base rythem. Good work though, keep it up.
Very cool stuff. The riffs were really cool, though it was a little sloppy and out of time at some parts, mostly on the fast stuff and the galloping. The vocals were pretty good too, they sounded kinda punky. Drums are good too. Good arrangements and stuff. The solo was actually pretty nice, at first I was thinking it might be kinda bad, but it was pretty nice actually. Not perfect, but good for being a rhythm guitarist mainly.

Thanks for the crit btw.
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
Good quality recording, the vocals sound great. The song flows very well and the mixing seems spot on from my headphones. I have to say, some of the timing in the guitars sounds a bit off in places. Keep practicing with a metronome, and work on your leads. Keep it up, get a real drummer and it'll sound even better! Awesome job

Crit mine? www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187568
Yeah, I'm using Audacity to record. It's really hard to get everything mixed correctly when it just wants to go up and down by 3db... so basically mixing will sound bad unless I get it spot on in the pre production... my pro tools won't work for my vista laptop.

As for the vocals being grungey or punky, it makes sense. My music reflects aspects of my favourite music. My favourite band being Nirvana.

As for a real drummer. I do have a real drummer, my band headlined the Edge of The World Music Festival. THank you all for the crits. You all rock.
LTD mp-600
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

I would like to see some more riff variation, although the riffs you had were good, I just felt they started to drag. Was not a fan of the vocals. Well composed solo, Phrasing seemed a bit off at some parts. But overall good job guys!
(this comment is for the song mourning tide)
this is really awesome but just like the other guys said, the timing wasnt perfect at sometimes, the solo is good i think but could use a little work here and there.
the riffs are really good though and the drums are awesome, good singing as well, keep it up!
Quote by SikMind08
damn bro that sound good! well put togather with what program did u create the drums with

check my music out? www.myspace.com/sikmind

Thank you.
I use Fruity Loops, I take default drum sounds from it and run it through EQs, then I compress them, and then add reverb.
LTD mp-600
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

It sounds pretty good but cut out all the triplets in the riffs because they really kill the flow. A good chug chug sounds a lot better than little da-ga-dugs shoved everywhere. The singing was pretty awful no doubt but it wasn't ridiculously bad, just too whiny. The solo was ok but could use some work. The first riff was pretty killer but just cut the triplets out and it'll sound better.

Good production though.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by hawk_kst
Dude loved it, how on earth did you manage to record that on audacity!? pleasantly surprised by the vocals! maybe the vocals could be a little louder? but that's just down to personal preference...

Thanks, it's a lot of effort to make anything sound good on audacity. It's frustrating and time consuming. I have to do a lot of pre work, like making sure the levels are dead on before actually trying a track because mixing levels afterwards doesn't work too well on the program. So I do multiple tests. I also pan the left guitar 70%, the right guitar 50%
and the bass at 20%, it allows me to have a touch more clarity. The vocals are a bit harder for me. I'm not used to using my new Pod X3 so my vocal settings aren't quite optimal yet. I"m working on getting them where I want them.

Oh and to Isabiggles... whiny? Interesting choice of words. I don't know what to say about that.
LTD mp-600
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Quote by Dakkstar

Oh and to Isabiggles... whiny? Interesting choice of words. I don't know what to say about that.

Let me first remind you that i'm pointing out the negatives only so it may seem like this is harsh. The vocals do seem whiny. Metal vocals should really be full of power and the vocals just seem to be heavily lacking in it. They weren't that bad, just a little whiny. They seemed strained (as if you had something poking up your dirtbox).

It's a good song, just those are the main flaws that I noticed.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Instead of Audacity, try Reaper - our band recently started making a few home recordings and we use Reaper - it's so much better than Audacity
Song sounds great man. On the vox you can tell your tensing your neck to get that sound, try relaxing more but keeping that sound the same and you'll be able to flow much easier and get more power out of your voice. The vocals could be a little louder but otherwise great tune
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
nice job man
i like the overall sound of the song its pretty cool
but i did notice that in the main riff the guitar seems to play a bit slow right around those couple fast palm muted notes

eh screw it haha cool song keep it up!
Write the music you want to hear.
cool riffs man. and the recording quality is very very good. i love the vocals. 99 out of 100 of these types of songs on here dont have vocals so big pints for that. the riffs got a little old. and i think a key change or rythem change or something would be good for this song. not much else to say realy. i liked it. the lyrics were okay, but not a big fan of them. the singer is decent. you guys sound pretty tight. i would love to see you play live sometime. i bet its a great show, as there is tons of energy/passion that seems to bleed through in this song and youre music. i like the playing in the solo at 318 great job. also nice pink hair, lol/ good job guys. rock on!

crit mine>? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189840
I didn't actually strain my voice. I have had proper vocal training so I can do a bunch of things with my voice without hurting it. I am not truly a metal singer, basically I am more of an alternative rock kinda guy, but I do love metal. The people in my band are very metal inclined, so I write my punky songs with a lot of metal styled overtones or usually a metal song with punky ideals and such. Metal is about power, but most 'vocalists' don't even sing anymore which is a shame. I may not be the traditional metal singer, but I am a singer, and that more than I can say about most 'vocalists' in metal. I thank you for being blunt with me and I'm sorry I got offended at first, but everyone has their own opinion.

And thank you I will try Reaper the moment I get a chance. I HATE audacity it's the bane of my existence. it's a a huge down grade from the home studio prog I used to have.
LTD mp-600
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Quote by chasepalmer
cool riffs man. and the recording quality is very very good. i love the vocals. 99 out of 100 of these types of songs on here dont have vocals so big pints for that. the riffs got a little old. and i think a key change or rythem change or something would be good for this song. not much else to say realy. i liked it. the lyrics were okay, but not a big fan of them. the singer is decent. you guys sound pretty tight. i would love to see you play live sometime. i bet its a great show, as there is tons of energy/passion that seems to bleed through in this song and youre music. i like the playing in the solo at 318 great job. also nice pink hair, lol/ good job guys. rock on!

crit mine>? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189840

Thank you. I guess people are getting used to multiple ideas about ideas. I aim for simplicity in my songs, so people can get hooked into it right away. Usually people only have to hear my songs once and be able to sing along... Actually this year at The Edge of the World Music Festival, the audience started to sing along during the chorus for one of my songs, it was pretty awesome. I put my heart into my music. The lyrics are actually how I felt about my ex... She was this 'high and mighty' person and when I moved on she fell apart, calling me in the middle of the night crying, cutting herself and ****. So the song is about her delusions of grandeur and NEVER expecting to fall like she did. I know lyrics make and break songs, but to me it's full of meaning.

Thank you.
LTD mp-600
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

I'm listening to it... sounds great! The production is killer for something that's home-made.

That main chunky riff is cool, i'm diggin it. Try to sink in and feel the rhythm a little more; your gallops are consistently just a hair off. I'd suggest maybe speaking rhythm syllables out loud, 1-e-&-a 2-e-&-a ..., to really internalize the thing. That said, you're getting awesome tone out of your chugs- they're very articulate. Keep it up.

Oh man.. your vocals sound cool as hell! I like how punky it makes the song vibe. A little stronger, perhaps, would be a good thing. Belt it out!! Scare us.

Liked your solo, but, like the riff, the timing needs work. I'll say the same thing about trying to internalize the rhythms- tapping your foot can really help, and/or counting. Good luck.

As a whole, i think you did a pretty good job with your song! ... Listening to 'blue' right now, hehe i'm liking the manson style vocals..

Anyways, keep it up dude. It'd be cool if you could check out some of my stuff:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=986263&content=music
http://www.myspace.com/andersenguitar
Quote by andec
I'm listening to it... sounds great! The production is killer for something that's home-made.

That main chunky riff is cool, i'm diggin it. Try to sink in and feel the rhythm a little more; your gallops are consistently just a hair off. I'd suggest maybe speaking rhythm syllables out loud, 1-e-&-a 2-e-&-a ..., to really internalize the thing. That said, you're getting awesome tone out of your chugs- they're very articulate. Keep it up.

Oh man.. your vocals sound cool as hell! I like how punky it makes the song vibe. A little stronger, perhaps, would be a good thing. Belt it out!! Scare us.

Liked your solo, but, like the riff, the timing needs work. I'll say the same thing about trying to internalize the rhythms- tapping your foot can really help, and/or counting. Good luck.

As a whole, i think you did a pretty good job with your song! ... Listening to 'blue' right now, hehe i'm liking the manson style vocals..

Anyways, keep it up dude. It'd be cool if you could check out some of my stuff:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=986263&content=music
http://www.myspace.com/andersenguitar

Thank you. Production is a touchy thing. I want clarity, but I also want it to sound full. I am switching over to Reaper as suggested and hopefully my mixing will get better. Yeah, sometimes I do go a bit off, but no one in my band can sync with my guitaring so I do it all myself when it comes to demos. It's kind of frustrating.
Thank you for the positive on my vocals. I am usually situated where I can't quite shout shout let it all out, like I should. I'm glad you enjoyed the punky vibes.
LTD mp-600
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

overall pretty good. one problem with audacity though is syncing the tracks due to the delay of recording. i suggest using a better free program such as Reaper.

But anyways back to the crit... as i am typically not much of a metalhead this song was awesome. good riffs and pretty decent vocals. great recording quality for sure. overall good tune.

Crit My Band? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1186499
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
I absolutely love the riffs, kind of punk meets classic metal, meets modern metal. The vocals remind me of suicidal tendencies. They're not perfectly on key, but for this style of music, attitude is more important, and that you certainly do not lack.

The drums are the only real drawback, but overall, good tune!
the playing is off alittle but i can't really pick at that. the song overall is good the riffs are great, and your guitar tone is top draw. what you using? i think i remember you saying you had some line6 gear. i'd love to know the settings. there's a few influences in here. the vocals are good, even tho i think the screaming bit lets it down, but thats cause i ain't a fan of that style. i can't knock that to much cause i can't sing. damn wish i could i can write lryics just can't sing.
your solos aren't bad, love the wah sound. very good all round keep it up bro.
c4c?https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1188774