Hey guys, I'm new here, and i'd just like to point out what i have. I have a couple questions with my new pedal setup (just sold all my old, digital boss' and crappy pedals) and could use just some simple advice.

Heres a quick rundown of gear -

amp- Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
Guitar (most in use) - 1983 fullerton vintage '62 reissue strat
Pedals (in order of chain) - Budda Wah, Boss tu-2 tuner, Way Huge Pork Loin, Way Huge Swollen Pickle, Danelectro Dc-1 Chorus.

Ok, now the pedal chain kinda looses its swagger when the danelectro comes in. Its the only one without bypass, so right off the bat im weary of using it. When i go back and forth from putting it in and out of the chain, it doesn't sound like i can hear a tone difference- but when I jam with my band in the full mix, it definitely sounds like something is just slightly off - almost more bass and muddier. I also use a dummy cable into the stereo out of the chorus pedal often for a pitch tremelo. I'd like to just buy a memory man and call it a day but i don't have the money right now. Any advice, or pointers?

Also, i really want a delay, but all i own is the old Ibanez De-7. Now i know a lot of people like this, but its another one without true bypass, and i'm afraid of the tone eating it might do when not in use. If i want to use a delay, should i add this in the chain or wait until i can get a nice one? Im also dieing to get another nice pedal, but i'm not sure what other effect i want in the chain yet. A phaser would be nice, or maybe an envelop filter
Last edited by NFloyd2357 at Aug 24, 2009,
True bypass isn't really that great, if you don't have a buffer the signal dies faster. John Mayer wrote something about pedals, try to find it online. He explains it better than me.
See, if only your amp had an effects loop

Have a peek around the internet, and see if there is a guide to turn the pedal into a true bypass. It's either that, or go and find a pedal with true bypass.

EDIT: Another thing you could try, is to adjust your EQ to when you're playing with your mates. Just take away a bit of bass, and add a bit of mids. What are your current EQ settings?

And do you really need the chorus? I think you could live without it if it's doing that much damage.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by Lil Macker
See, if only your amp had an effects loop

Have a peek around the internet, and see if there is a guide to turn the pedal into a true bypass. It's either that, or go and find a pedal with true bypass.

EDIT: Another thing you could try, is to adjust your EQ to when you're playing with your mates. Just take away a bit of bass, and add a bit of mids. What are your current EQ settings?

And do you really need the chorus? I think you could live without it if it's doing that much damage.

right now i'm changing the EQ constantly, as i just picked up the bassman about a week ago. Last night when we jammed, i probably had treble around 8, mids around 5, and bass around 4. With no effects, sounded pretty good, sounded really nice with the pork loin, and the swollen pickle im still getting used to - it seems to be either way too quiet, or way to bassy - but after working around with swell, crunch and volume i've been figuring it out. I also use the regular input, not the high end one (forget what its called) on the bassman. i'll probably just pull the pedal off until i can afford a nicer one, but i kind of like the crazy tone i can get with the swollen pickle, and pitch-vibrato feature of the cool cat