Never installed pickups, it's like 75 dollars to have it done. Anyone know a good video out there showing how it's done?
do you know how to solder? if so, you can follow the diagrams from Seymour Duncans website, also there is a sticking in Gear Building and Customizing about wiring guitars.
hey man me and a friend of mine tred doing that and completely messed it up and well we we out the cost to buy new pick ups and have them installed so if it was me if u already forked out hella dough for the pickups just throw down a little more and get them installed by a professinal but thats jus my opion and good luck
BC Rich NJ Beast transparent red, BC Rich NT beast gloss black,ESP F-100fm, OD-9,MT-2,NS-2,line 6 Spider 2 120

Late Goblin67
Quote by Pantera89
Never installed pickups, it's like 75 dollars to have it done. Anyone know a good video out there showing how it's done?

What guitar are you installing them in?
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
EMG's are kinda easiy to install, the quick conect system is pertty handy for swaping pickups, but all you need is a diagram and some sodering experience. Theres a thread on EMGs floating around somewhere, it sholdent be hard to find, think its called the offical EMG thread or something.

Or you can go here :
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019006&highlight=EMG+thread
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Aug 24, 2009,
75 bucks to get EMGs installed? God damn, that's either a pricey luthier, or mine was not pricey at all.

Either way, I prefered to get mine installed by a professional, who I am confident will get the job done right. Also, it seems EMGs (the EMG-ZW set, at least) are only under warranty when installed by a professional luthier. There is a special warranty card for your luthier's signature, stamp and all that. In case something goes crap, you're covered.

What I am saying is, better safe than sorry.
Yeah I bought this set at a local Guitar Center, but they sent me to someone else to have the pickups installed. I thought they themselves did it.
the installation instructions that come with the pickups are easy to follow, try doing it yourself its something every guitarist should learn
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by Pantera89
Jackson V.

A member of the x series of jackson I'm guessing. Well the pickups should come with the parts you need so all you need to do is take the old pickups out, replace the potentiometers, replace the capacitor, replace the input jack and then just follow a wiring diagram and your set.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni