My Les Paul has had a few problems with bad pots. So I put in some new electronics, with CTS pots but most of all NOS Paper in oil caps. I also changed out all the plastic hardware to cream and with new amber knobs it's quite a looker!

All that relicing is natural I might add.

I can also say that I am one amp shorter. Yesterday my Rocker 30 left my house. However the guy who got it is the other guitarist in my band who has been using it for the last six monts when we've played with the band and I had no space for the amp here anyway.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yeap, I've had the Mules since October '07 and I'm keeping them. I love the tone. Remember that Phil X video? It's got a very similar tone,t aht same mid-honk and buttery neck pickup.

Yeah I've been using top-wrap for a long time. I love it.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

the relicing looks cool! the zebra pickups dont really do it for me

if it were me (just giving opinion not saying u should do this) get some wear on the knobs and get some detressed silver pups
I was thinking of that, but I kind of want to let this guitar age naturally. After all all relicing up to this point is all natural.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

What wiring are you using for that? The modern wiring really leaves a lot to be desired, which is too bad if you've got the PIO caps.

50s wiring, or some modifications thereof, really let the caps do their thing and you can turn the tone control almost all the way down and not lose any clarity.
I've been using 50's wiring for over a year now .
However just after I got them (I ordered them from eBay and it took some time for delivery) I saw that a lot of people said that CTS pots suffer from being like on/off switches. They were right too. They work ok for the tone pots I can say, but the volume ones aren't good at all. I'm going to have to replace them. I'm thinking RS Super-Pots or Bourns (however which Bourns pot should I get for a Les Paul?)
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Last edited by Gabel at Aug 24, 2009,
I've got the RS super pots in my LP. I haven't used the bourns, but the RS pots definitely have the proper taper and construction. They're my favorite pot so far for gibson-style guitars.
Well good, RS Pots are A LOT easier for me to get, since I can get them here. SO that's what I'll get then.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I also use the RS super pots and I really like them, they have a much smoother taper than both the CTS linear and audio taper.
very nice! i say this guitar needs speed knobs though the amber ones look a bit out of place. but that is one nice guitar! i love the zebra style pickups too
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
very nice! i say this guitar needs speed knobs though the amber ones look a bit out of place. but that is one nice guitar! i love the zebra style pickups too

It came with speed knobs and to be brutally honest I hate speed knobs.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band