Page 1 of 2
So it was on the news there are calls for Americans to boycott British goods or taking holidays/vacations here due to the Lockerbie thing. Would you or your parents do that?

Nice considering we went to war in Iraq to support America and lost 200 soldiers etc.
They should throw crates of british tea into the sea again, that'll teach them.

Of course in these modern times, crates of other things might be more appropriate. Like crates of chavs.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
No, because I'm not an ignorant douche.
edit: actually I don't buy British products anyway.......but If I did I wouldn't boycott it.
Last edited by Masamune at Aug 24, 2009,
No one is going to boycott Britain. A few wackos on the internet are just stirring up ****.

BTW, don't boast about your 200 dead soldiers to a country that has lost 20 times that many in the same conflict.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
No one is going to boycott Britain. A few wackos on the internet are just stirring up ****.

BTW, don't boast about your 200 dead soldiers to a country that has lost 20 times that many in the same conflict.

I wasnt BOASTING fanny, considering the war had nothing to do with us, and our troop numbers are 20 times less, it is significant.
Well I agree with kensai, we're importing chavs now and it's horrible... It's all Britain's fault!

I'm kidding, I wouldn't boycott, there are too many awesome english UG'ers that I wouldn't get to talk to if I did.

I'm serious about the chavs though.
heh, i like the idea about crates of chavs and the sea.
but seriously, one murderer stops the americans? oh, because america has no murderers.
and what woud happen if we sent the lockerbie bomber/murderer/whatever to america? not a bastard speech there but it just seems stupid really.
There was a Signature here.

It's gone now.
Last edited by shockrocker at Aug 24, 2009,
America is seriously overreacting. All the things that America has put Britain through (Guantanamo bay etc.) and we didn't "boycott" you. Tbh, who gives a shit.

And really the US should boycott scottish goods, so no more shortbread, kilts or haggis for you
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by rigiddigits
oh noez no moar American tourists!!!11

Whatever will we do.

lose millions of pounds in tourism
Quote by Serg1
I wasnt BOASTING fanny, considering the war had nothing to do with us, and our troop numbers are 20 times less, it is significant.

Fanny? That's a new one.

All I'm saying is, don't go flying off your rocker because a few idiots on TV are saying stupid things. There is no boycott, and there never will be. What would we boycott, anyway?
Death to Ovation haters!
i would not support it. Britain hasn't done anything wrong.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Airline-Olie
lose millions of pounds in tourism

More japanese come than Americans anyway. Me likey teh azns!
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by Kensai

Of course in these modern times, crates of other things might be more appropriate. Like crates of chavs.

Yeah there is a tea plantation near my house. Tropical climate here i say.
Quote by PatchworkMan

Do you not read the paper?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by Anthony1991
First of all, get an American to find England on an atlas that isn't labelled.

We're not ALL stupid
Quote by Serg1
So it was on the news there are calls for Americans to boycott British goods or taking holidays/vacations here due to the Lockerbie thing. Would you or your parents do that?

Nice considering we went to war in Iraq to support America and lost 200 soldiers etc.
Which "news" media?

Who was calling for this?

If you're gonna troll for hate and division between users of this forum, you're gonna have to cite sources.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
This sounds like Americans throwing a tantrum. I'm not saying England's release was irrelevent but the worst thing America could do in reflection is attack England!
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Quote by PatchworkMan

They're a much bigger country though and I'm assuming they'd have many more people.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
While a don't agree with the Scottish justice system on this matter, boycotting Scotland would be silly, boycotting all of Britain would be absolutely moronic.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Firstly, SCOTLAND released him.

Secondly, he's going to die soon anyway. You Americans ould of just killed him.

Thirdly, there is wide spread debates whether he is guilty or not.

Forthly, what do you use from Britian anyway :S.
Quote by Vampire 255
They're a much bigger country though and I'm assuming they'd have many more people.

Not twenty times more, though: more like 5 or 6 times the population.
Strictly speaking Britain = England and Wales, Great Britain = England, Wales and Scotland, so what you're saying is taht we should boycott two countries that have not nothing to do with it!
Quote by Kensai

That would be a good thing.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Britland makes goods for export? I thought everything in the world came from Chine and Taiwan....occasionally Korea...
I play guitar like a pirate with two hooks....so...uh...just call me Meathook! Yar!
Quote by 100%guitarmad

More Americans than any other nationality come to Britain...

Britain achieves several billion pounds each year due to tourism. So yeah, we'd lose a lot if we were boycotted.
Quote by WaitWhat?

Most especially after the horrific events of 9/11, the world needs to be reminded that terrorism must be punished and never rewarded. Terrorists must never be shown compassion or mercy, for these people have no respect for human life. The British, who ironically have themselves been victim to numerous acts of terrorism on their own soil, seem to have forgotten. They need a reminder, and protesting by boycotting travel and business with Scotland and the United Kingdom is the best way of doing so.

Quote by PatchworkMan

Yeah but you but you started the war...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Page 1 of 2