Page 1 of 2
Well, after a few days wait and a lot of worrying, a very special package arrived at my mum's house this morning.

I wonder what this is?

Its certainly well-wrapped.

And it arrived in its own Gator case as well.

An ESP LTD, hm?

Its EX series, but not a current one.

An EX-351 in gunmetal blue! Plays like an absolute dream. Unfortunately, I'm very tempted to name it 'Dora' for my own amusement, but will probably go with something else.

Mahogany body with a set maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 22 XJ frets, 24.75 scale length, tune-o-matic bridge and two EMG HZ pick-ups, which I may replace in the future - suggestions for rock/metal would be appreciated. And all for £250, I'm the happiest girl in the world right now.
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 in gunmetal blue.
Valencia acoustic.
this is the way the world ends
not with a bang, but with a whimper
Last edited by Morphina. at Aug 25, 2009,
HNGD

Maybe a SD JB in the bridge? Or a Blackout set if you want actives.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
HNGD!

Thats a great colour
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
wtf a girl on UG? Only joking of course.

EMG-X or Blackouts would work, Bareknuckle Painkiller set as well.

HNGD!
HNGD! I'm not much one for explorers but what a sexy finish.
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
congratulations. looks like one that's fun to play for a couple weeks. and dora sure is a wonderful name for it
It's all about feel
I'm not gonna lie, I normally hate the EX models from ESP/LTD. This one however is rather nice, I'm a big fan of that finish. Looks great, HNGD.
Get some Rock Monkey's or Bareknuckles pups for that.

HNGD!!!
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
It would be kind of hard to switch to EMGs or Blackouts because it would switching from passives to actives.

Regardless, that is a sweet guitar. HNGD!
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Looks nice! HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
that color's a nice break from the usual black/white/silver ones. looks great
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Epic! I'd love me one of these
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Oooh nice, not see 'em in that colour before, HNGD!
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top, Blue)
Cort X6
Ibanez Gio 7 string

Marshall MG50DFX (needs to go!)
I love it. Explorers are awesome.

Happy NGD brah

or should I say, sis

Also, yeah, name it Dora
Happy NGD

How awesome is having a explorer!

Just remember of that bit sticking out behind you, i may if injured a few friends with by not remembering it >_>
I'm not saying this because your a girl but that would look awesome in hot pink lol and happy ngd lol
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
I'm surprised that so many people liked it, although I have to say I'm absolutely smitten with it. When I spotted this guitar online, it was the first time I'd ever seen as ESP in this colour, and ordered without testing - which in hindsight was very risky, but he plays wonderfully and I couldn't be happier.

Quote by SupremeACL
It would be kind of hard to switch to EMGs or Blackouts because it would switching from passives to actives.

Regardless, that is a sweet guitar. HNGD!

True, although I would probably have enough room in the back cavity to fit a 9V battery in, however I'd prefer to keep them passive because its simpler and would require less maintenance. I'm also looking more for something with quite a rich, warm tone which is capable of lots of distortion while still being clear - I'm probably being ambitious with that, but if someone could suggest something suitable that'd be great.

Also, I've managed to upload a couple more pictures.

Gear:
Valencia acoustic.
Last edited by Morphina. at Aug 25, 2009,
Looks friggin great,

I'm a real fan of LTD EX / FX since getting mine, they just play so smooth and everything just flows,

Just remember the pointy bit at the back!
wow, i do love that color! that m-50 i had was more of a teal and not at all resembling any sort of gun metal. i wish mine had been more blue like that! congrats and enjoy! replace the HZ's though, they sounded like crap in my ax-350.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
wow, i do love that color! that m-50 i had was more of a teal and not at all resembling any sort of gun metal. i wish mine had been more blue like that! congrats and enjoy! replace the HZ's though, they sounded like crap in my ax-350.

Ah, I haven't seen any teal-ish coloured ones myself, perhaps it was a paint variant or perhaps differed from year to year. From the serial number this one was made in Korea in 2002, where/when was your m-50 made?

And that's great, thank you; I'll look to upgrading my amp first as nothing will ever sound decent through my current one. I'm curious as to what you replaced them with, though, would it be something I should consider? (:
Gear:
Valencia acoustic.
Wow you got the new set of EMG HZs in there, they are quite nice.

HNGD looks like a nice guitar and hope it plays just as nice
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
i think mine was korean and from 2000. ill look around for photos of it but that was before i had a digital camera so i dont think i have any!

i have emg 60a, 81, and 85 that i routinely switch around about every string change. everything sounds good in the bridge but the 60 is kinda muddy in the neck. my favorite combo is 60a bridge/85 neck. lots of people on here dont seem to like active EMGs but they really arent bad. i dont like the cleans with the 81 at the bridge as much as the others, but depending on your amp, you could still get some good sounds out of them.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Ah okay, I'll definately look into those, but are the EMG 81/85 and the 60a actives? As I said a little earlier it'd be possible to change the HZs to actives by hiding the battery in the cavity, but I'm unsure as to how they'd sound on my amp as its a not even close to being good. My boyfriend's V-200 has the newer EMG passives in, I think they're LH-150s, and I personally think they sound quite good, so I'll definately look into them.

Also, your AX-350 looks wonderful - I'm liking the inlays a lot. But your FX-260 looks stunning, and I almost bought one apart from the fact that they were slightly over my budget and there was quite a big of variations on the spalted maple, but I guess thats part of the charm. Beautiful guitars you have
Gear:
Valencia acoustic.
i have a marshall mg30cd which everyone on here seems to hate! yeah it doesnt sound any good loud but its great at low volumes. how many watts is your peavey rage? ive never heard of that one but i know nothing about peavey amps anyway. 15w through an 8"?

i wasnt aware EMG made any passives other than the HZs. if you really like how they sound in that V, it couldnt hurt to try them.

and thanks for the compliments. besides see thru blue on a quilted maple top, gun metal blue is my favorite esp finish but i think they quit using it a while ago? it looks good on the explorer!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Quote by SYLrules88
i have a marshall mg30cd which everyone on here seems to hate! yeah it doesnt sound any good loud but its great at low volumes. how many watts is your peavey rage? ive never heard of that one but i know nothing about peavey amps anyway. 15w through an 8"?

i wasnt aware EMG made any passives other than the HZs. if you really like how they sound in that V, it couldnt hurt to try them.

and thanks for the compliments. besides see thru blue on a quilted maple top, gun metal blue is my favorite esp finish but i think they quit using it a while ago? it looks good on the explorer!

I can't really agree or disagree with all the Marshall MG bashing that goes on here 'cause I've never tried one out myself, but I'm sure it can't be as bad as everyone makes out to be - I'll make a point of trying one next time I'm in a guitar shop. (:
Yeah, 1x8" and 15 watts, but its actually quite loud and mine has the same problem - if I crank it, it gets quite muddy at higher volumes.

And I'm pretty sure they're LH-150s, until I looked it up I thought they only did HZ passives as well (:

You're welcome - your guitars really are stunning, I'm sure the Schecter will be great as well! Quilted maple almost always looks lovely, so I have to agree with you there. And thank you; yeah, I think the gunmetal blue finish was scrapped after they dropped the 300 series guitars, I'll look it up.
(:
Gear:
Valencia acoustic.
HNGD!

Oh yeah, prepare for a whole jump in profile views haha.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by OOgly bOObly
HNGD but why were you worrying?

I was worrying because my mum has two emails, and we contacted the guy with one, but he was given her other one by paypal. So he was sending the emails about when he sent it, the tracking number and everything else we needed to know to one email, while we were checking for them on the other.
And my mum got paranoid that it wasn't going to arrive, haha.

(:
Gear:
Valencia acoustic.
HNGD! Looks pointy, watch that :P
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
The two of you look great together,enjoy your new Ax.
Guitars
08 Schecter C-1 Lefty
06 Epiphone LP Standard Lefty
90 Dean ml custom Lefty
84 Kramer Beretta lefty

Marshall Vs 100h
Crate Blue Voodoo 120h
Marshall 1960a cab
Boss Me70
Quote by Morphina.
I can't really agree or disagree with all the Marshall MG bashing that goes on here 'cause I've never tried one out myself, but I'm sure it can't be as bad as everyone makes out to be - I'll make a point of trying one next time I'm in a guitar shop. (:
Yeah, 1x8" and 15 watts, but its actually quite loud and mine has the same problem - if I crank it, it gets quite muddy at higher volumes.

And I'm pretty sure they're LH-150s, until I looked it up I thought they only did HZ passives as well (:

You're welcome - your guitars really are stunning, I'm sure the Schecter will be great as well! Quilted maple almost always looks lovely, so I have to agree with you there. And thank you; yeah, I think the gunmetal blue finish was scrapped after they dropped the 300 series guitars, I'll look it up.
(:

the MGs arent especially GOOD per say, its just that the 30w fits my situation perfectly, and i dont even use the CD input function thing anyway. at one point, the reverb knob was acting like a presence knob! dont know how that happened or how it got fixed, but everything else is fine now!

might be a while on that schecter. the funds are really low and another guitar really is the last thing i need to drop money on. but ill be sure to put photos all over the place when i finally get it.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Page 1 of 2