My style is 80s hair metal and Paul Gilbert. I love the sound of cranked tube amps. I'm afraid that I won't be able to get the tone I'm looking for from the 100 watt monsters I've been looking at. Plus, they seem easier to transport. It'll be for bedroom practice (I do play very loud for the bedroom) and gigging, so different wattage settings would be good. I don't really need more than 1 channel since I rarely play clean and when I do, I usually just roll the volume down. Last but not least, I want something with an effects loop. I'm willing to spend $1500 on the head and cab. I was thinking about the Orange Dual Terror but it has no loop. What are some other options out there?
i'd suggest getting an Egnater Rebel and with an OD. it:
A) is quiet enought for home but loud enough for gigging
B) has an effects loop
C) has different wattage settings

it seems to be exactly what you described. and it's only around $600 new, so that leaves you lots of money for a nice Cab.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
^+1.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Krank Rev Jr/ rev jr pro

Randall Rm20 with the right module(JTM i think)

edit: The mesa 5:25 express is also an option. switchable between 5 watts and 25 watts and the right amount of gain for gilbert
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Last edited by mexican_shred at Aug 24, 2009,
Blackstar HT-5. Cracking little amp, and it should have all your sounds.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
+1 for the Egnater, just make sure you buy yourself a really nice cab.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.