Hi, UG! I've had some guitar parts sitting around for a while now but never got around to puttin' em in a body. I got a Mighty Mite Strat neck, a cool Seymour Duncan JB, and about six other single coil pickups.

Now, here's the thing. I almost had a body coming in from eBay a year ago but due to complications it never came. I got my money back, thankfully. And although I love the plethora of shapes that are out there, perhaps I might find more fun in building my own body.

So: I'll buy a bigsby vibrato, a tune-omatic, and a body blank. I plan to make some sort of Brian May Red Special-esque kind of body, though that idea might change. Thing is, I'm not sure whether to buy a big plank of wood from a local woodstore or go get a body blank from Warmoth. All the routing is done and that's nice, but since I live in Canada and it takes three weeks to make and one to two weeks to ship, it'll be snowing before I can even start working on it.

So, I need your help, guys.. do you know any other reputable body blank makers asides from Warmoth who has a bunch of blanks pre-routed for pickups and bridges?

And yes, if this takes off, I will show pics.

Thanks,
The Hoff
Local woodstore will be much cheaper. Just go to lumber yards near you, and look for wood the right size.
Buying pre routed is boring,

my personal suggestion would be to get a chunk of wood and do it yourself, more satisfying.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
you better use all those pickups for this.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
you better use all those pickups for this.

Hahahaha. I can't even fathom what that would look like.
me either, but imagine all the switching options and sounds you could get.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Yes, and then imagine the wiring... it'd take a mad scientist to wire 7 pups in there!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
7 pickup get.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!