Ok, so I have BT Total Broadband, and I connect wirelessly from all computers. About a week ago I used to get good download speeds, about 2Mbps.
Now, since last Friday, I've got really ****ty speeds (350kbps). I was wondering if anyone else has been getting reduced speeds, or speeds slower than they expected?
Is this a fault at BT's end?
I checked with BT's speedtester, and it said my router should be able to get speeds up to 2600kbps, but it's actually getting about 350.

Anyone else with the same problem, or any tips on how I could get mine back up to normal speed.
Quote by Metallica1554
Lol, but i'm supposed to get about 2000kbps

That is what I am supposed to get aswell. Never happened though.
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by Rock In Rio
350kbps? Youre lucky, I get like 28kbps.
Haha, me too. I use the BT Home Hub.

I'm ecstatic when I get over 100kB/s.
Quote by Metallica1554
really?
Wow, how d'ya live with those speeds?

You had better get used to it I think
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by Metallica1554
really?
Wow, how d'ya live with those speeds?
It's normal to me. The internet goes fast, though. The number don't mean much in my head, but I can see improvements when it goes over 100 when downlaoding.
Quote by ctb
It's normal to me. The internet goes fast, though. The number don't mean much in my head, but I can see improvements when it goes over 100 when downlaoding.

Yeah same here really. The only time I notice is when I am downloading stuff.
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
mine seems okay, the homehub speed check thing says 7000kbps
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by ctb
Haha, me too. I use the BT Home Hub.

I'm ecstatic when I get over 100kB/s.

I have dial-up interweb
Obviously Fassa.
bloody noobs, i remember back in the day when i had a 56k modem, took an hour to download a song off win mx, and downloading tv programmes took a couple of days if you left the pc running....

people have far too high expectations these days........ i remember getting excited when i got 7kps, though usually anything above 2 was acceptable.... what are these mbs anyway?
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

Quote by Metallica1554
In South korea you get speeds up to a 1000mbps, thats 1,000,000kbps

That's because they invested in their telecoms infrastructure, whereas in the UK, unless you have cable, your internet is going to be pretty sh*t.
ah well, i guess i'll talk to BT and get them to get it back up and running.
Hope they cant discover my .... downloads >_>
I think sometimes they block download speeds, as mine has gone really slow sometimes but when it is a new month it has speed up to normal speed.
Quote by Rock In Rio
I have dial-up interweb
I honestly think my speed would be an improvement is I went back to dial-up. Lol.
Quote by Misticalz
That always makes my connection look worse that it actually is. Haha.
I tend to find smaller broadband companies are a lot better! I used titan adsl, and I used to hve BT, and i get 6mbps constantly, whereas with BT it varies between 250 and 3.
BT is rubbish. Imagine paying for internet with a download limit, it's not right, considering they are the whole infurstructure of the internet.

leave BT, get cheap broadband from a smaller company or get decent broadband from a big company that throw in free ****.

I got a dual core laptop with my internet.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
I'm on BT in Ireland and its a 1mb connection (thanks Telecom Eireann for not giving anyone the claimed 2mb) and I tested at 660, so not too bad for a little village.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x