You see ppl with like 5 guitars, who do reviews of them and loads of diff pickups and stuff, these are just normal ppl they dont work for a guitar company my question is

HOW ON GODS EARTH DO THEY PAY FOR THEM
Work, save money, make sacrifices in the budget in other areas. If you want something bad enough you will save up enough money to get it.
I've never asked that, because usually when you're a adult you have a job, and when your a teenager with good talent and rich parents, they buy it for you.
Yea...jobs. They have them.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
It's called a job. Having a good one and devoting yourself to it makes a Gibson seem midrange-priced.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by Archieisted
You see ppl with like 5 guitars, who do reviews of them and loads of diff pickups and stuff, these are just normal ppl they dont work for a guitar company my question is

HOW ON GODS EARTH DO THEY PAY FOR THEM

It's a little thing called 'dedication'. It's when musicians like us save up money for our addiction. I'd spend rent money on a guitar I like. Thats just me.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Quote by Archieisted
yh well im not spoilt am i -.-

Having 5 guitars in most cases isn't because they are spoilt. Think about it, a lot of people who are members of this forum have a full time JOB and EARN money. People can do what they want with their own money, and if this means spending money on guitars, they'd have lots of guitars.

Paul Gilbert has a room full of the things, yet he's earned his money.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by CKYIbanezParker
It's a little thing called 'dedication'. It's when musicians like us save up money for our addiction. I'd spend rent money on a guitar I like. Thats just me.

Nope... that's all of us.

We also get help from our friends: credit cards.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by Oosh.
Having 5 guitars in most cases isn't because they are spoilt. Think about it, a lot of people who are members of this forum have a full time JOB and EARN money. People can do what they want with their own money, and if this means spending money on guitars, they'd have lots of guitars.

Paul Gilbert has a room full of the things, yet he's earned his money.

sory i meant that for the rich parents thing, rich parents buying u 5 guitars, pretty spoilt?
yeah.. savings and jobs
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Archieisted
sory i meant that for the rich parents thing, rich parents buying u 5 guitars, pretty spoilt?

I have five guitars I'd be confident using at a gig. I only recently got a job. I saved the money for each and that made it feel twice as good as if it were to have been a gift.

but dont they have other stuff, jobs cant pay for everythnig, espcially with the credit crunch, my mum is taking a pay cut and she could barley afford my 1st guitar as it was!
Quote by Archieisted

It depends on the parents. Some parents who worked hard for their wealth will buy their kid a starter guitar just like any other parent to see if the child will stay with it.

So to say a kid who has rich parents and a few guitars is spoiled, I wouldn't necessarily agree.
Quote by Archieisted
but dont they have other stuff, jobs cant pay for everythnig, espcially with the credit crunch, my mum is taking a pay cut and she could barley afford my 1st guitar as it was!

No. They work hard at their jobs, cut costs, eat less, sell stuff, and buy the gear. It's all about the devotion to the craft.

Quote by FallsDownStairs
It depends on the parents. Some parents who worked hard for their wealth will buy their kid a starter guitar just like any other parent to see if the child will stay with it.

So to say a kid who has rich parents and a few guitars is spoiled, I wouldn't necessarily agree.

again sorry im tired im not choosing my words right i mean ppl who have like 5 £1000+ guitars for no real reason
I only have a paper round and it's bought me an Epiphone SG, Epiphone Les Paul Classic, Rothwell Heartbreaker, Vox AC15 and soon to get some pickups. Which all together comes to about £1040, I have been doing this paper round for about 3 years
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Archieisted
again sorry im tired im not choosing my words right i mean ppl who have like 5 £1000+ guitars for no real reason

Why do some people have $100,000 cars and some have $4,000 cars?
Quote by Archieisted
yh well im not spoilt am i -.-

I get the taxes from my uncle (4000$) at the end of the year. Were poor as **** but thats my fun time. I'm not spoilt am I? Spoilt is buying yo' kids video games and rc cars and useless ****. Buying your kids guitars for their talent isn't. Edit: I use the hell out of every guitar I have ever had. It's not spoilt when your kid uses them and doesn't sat them around, and says to his friends "I have 6 gibsons and a marshall".
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Last edited by CKYIbanezParker at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by Archieisted

No offense to your mum, but other people have a lot better jobs. :/
A lot of younger adults (25-30) got quite good degrees in stuff like electronic engineering and whatnot, so they have higher paying jobs.
Quote by CKYIbanezParker
I get the taxes from my uncle (4000$) at the end of the year. Were poor as **** but thats my fun time. I'm not spoilt am I? Spoilt is buying yo' kids video games and rc cars and useless ****. Buying your kids guitars for their talent isn't. Edit: I use the hell out of every guitar I have ever had. It's not spoilt when your kid uses them and doesn't sat them around, and says to his friends "I have 6 gibsons and a marshall".

So your uncle gives you his taxes that he should be paying at the end of the year. Scoring you $4,000. You should be one of those spoiled kids that's being talked about in this thread. If you guys are poor, I doubt your uncle would just spend money on your dream.

How do we know the kid has the 'talent'? There is no talent when it comes to music. It's hard work, dedication, and practice that makes an accomplished musician. Also, I doubt that you use every guitar you have the same amount each day. You can't possibly say "Well, I played my strat for 6 hours today, time to play my tele for 6 hours." You use the guitar that suits the genre or that feels best to you. Most people who own a lot of guitars, only use 2. Why? Because those are their favorites to use, they get the sounds they want and they feel the best to them.