Intrepid pro 8

I'm seriously considering getting one of these but I have a few qualms (yes I said qualms ):

I won't be able to play one to try it out; this is obviously the largest concern I have even though I've heard nothing but good things about Agiles upper line of guitars.

How good is Agile's service?

I'll have to sell my Hellraiser to get enough money for this bad boy so I'm obviously a little leery about it not working out for me.

What do you guys think?

Note: I don't just want the extra 2 strings for a heavier sound; I'm very excited by the addition of extra strings for arpeggios and scale runs.

I can't actually think of any other options for 8 strings less than $1,200.00 dollars. But feel free to give input.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Quote by UrzasJ00rMom
qualms

OH NO HE DIDN'T!
http://www.myspace.com/echohead7

GUITARS
PRS SE Camo
Epiphone G400 SG
AMP
Roland Cube 30
EFFECTS
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Danelectro FAB Distortion
Digitech Whammy
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1

Quote by Mister.Y
Imagine your underwear.... naked.
Agiles cs is great; my AL-2000 came with a big chip out of the back and i complained and even though it was CLEARLY ups' fault they gave me a 50 dollar credit which i proceeded to get a case with. Imo for your first 8 string get this, its a good price and if you want to bail on 8 strings you can without losing 1500 bucks.
~Defiant~
Quote by ibanezgod1973
go try the ibanez rg2228 there`s a vid on the ibanez website not sure of the price.........

It's $1,800 new lol. WAY out of my ball park.

I might be able to get $1,000. But 8-strings don't have a big enough market to be on ebay or craigslist with any amount of regularity.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
but at least you could try a 8 string before you sold your current guitar, remember it`s a deposit then pay the rest or lose the deposit which it sounds to me like you would end up with nothing.

listening to the rg2228 it sounds like a bass on helium having a `fart`
Agile intrepid 8 is great, I have one. the neck is a bit thicker than an Ibanez, but no where near as thick as the Schecter. the transition to 8 strings is really easy, the only thing you'll have to get used to is the 28+" scale neck.
the longer scale really gives the guitar a huge punch, though, and while they're not the most sexy guitars, IMO they blow the Ibanez out of the water in terms of playability and sound. don't be turned off if the factory F# string seems too loose, just adjust the bridge a little and put a thicker string in.

so IMO, the Agile 8string has given me the sound I've been looking for for a long time (for samples of how it sounds with normal chords, clean and overdriven lead and low rif***e, check out the "enjoy the silence" cover on my profile)
Dude if you have the money go for Schecters 8 strings. I believe the ATX 8 string was just released some time ago. $1200 is plenty for it and theres no doubt about the quality for Schecters

IMO: I hate that agile... dun like the looks
Last edited by MeLodicDethMTL at Aug 25, 2009,
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
Dude if you have the money go for Schecters 8 strings. I believe the ATX 8 string was just released some time ago. $1200 is plenty for it and theres no doubt about the quality for Schecters

IMO: I hate that agile... dun like the looks

$1200 is pretty expensive though, is it not?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

IMO, if you want to just try out 8 string guitars, go for the agile, and after a while either re-paint the agile or get a custom guitar made, because I don't find that any of the production model 8-strings are worth the money they're priced at.
OR, wait a couple of years for further production model 8-strings to come out.
I'm not a big fan of schecters, and IIRC they have 26" scale length, which is IMO too short.