Hello everybody...I'm looking to get in to a little recording. I used to record directly from my mixer into my computer using a direct connection because my desktop had a decent sound card in it.

Things are not the same

I now have a laptop which has a terrible, disgusting sound card in it which slaughters my recordings like a non-fed tiger.

I am in need, of a CHEAP audio interface (windows) so that I can record again.

My mixer has RCA, 1/4", and XLR outs so that isn't too much of a problem..

My laptop is a Gateway fx-something p laptop just in case that matters...

I'm looking for something <$100 and I'm also quite willing to buy used!

Help me UG!

(I think this is the right forum)

EDIT: I'm also looking to try out some other low cost/free recording software applications that are a little more powerful than audacity
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Last edited by King_Arthur at Aug 24, 2009,
USB class compliant (OS X 10.3.5 and higher)

That made me think that one was only for macs...might be wrong..?
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
I use it on Windows Vista and used it on my XP computer with no issues, where'd you get that from ?
UCA202 - simple but works. Hook it up to the tape ins/outs on the mixer.

Reaper - in most respects as powerful as the expensive software, $60.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Quote by Union Of V
UCA202 - simple but works. Hook it up to the tape ins/outs on the mixer.

Reaper - in most respects as powerful as the expensive software, $60.

haha the same damn things i was just going to recommend. +1 this would be like 85$ new. so you should be good to go
Quote by Darkshade666
I use it on Windows Vista and used it on my XP computer with no issues, where'd you get that from ?

that was musicians friend
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by MetalBass 77
haha the same damn things i was just going to recommend. +1 this would be like 85$ new. so you should be good to go

does it really work good? I always thought those looked kinda cheap and sketchy
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by MetalBass 77
from what ive seen they get the job done, besides theres nothing else really in the price range. reaper is also amazing software.

Thanks I downloaded reaper and it looks like new UCA202's are going for like 30 bucks on ebay, which is great.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by King_Arthur
Thanks I downloaded reaper and it looks like new UCA202's are going for like 30 bucks on ebay, which is great.

Yeah, I bought one 6 months ago and see no reason to change. Behringer are good at that - no bells and whistles, gets the job done at a fair price.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.