Hi all

I have a 40 Watt Peavy Envoy110 Amp and I was wondering if it's loud enough to use it for a gig where more or less 100-150 ppl would be.

I also use a G1X Zoom pedal, not sure if it affects the volume, if it does let me know.

Thanks alot.
Last edited by heineken101 at Aug 24, 2009,
What kind of music will you be playing?
What kind of live sound will you have? A legit place with a legit sound system, or a powered mixer/ 2 speakers in a highschool gym?
How loud do the fellow band members play (in regards to first question)?

If you have a legit sound system in a legit setting, your amp can be mic'd and you'll be just fine. However, if you're playing a more low-profile show with just straight amp volume and you've got a hard hitting drummer, that 40 watt Peavey is going to have a tough time keeping up without it sounding like complete trash...that of course depends on the style of music you're playing as well.
We will be playing a few Rock and metal songs. Our drummer has electric drums, that he will be using, so that wouldn't be so bad. Sound type would be distortion whole time. I don't think we will be mic'd. Were gooing to play in a school hall, supose you could say its about 50x20 metres.