Right here is the deal

I have had my Peavey 6505 now for over a year and gigged with it fine and it has done what i ask of it.

But now i find myself wanting more from an amp
I need a better clean channel and better leads

I have bought many pedals to try and help me with this as i really do love the core tone of the distortion but im now looking more towards the Engl Powerball

ive done plenty of research and ive played on one and it really does seem to do the things im after, my only concern is its on tour realiablity, i have not heard anything bad about it but i always seem to buy a new piece of gear and it f**cks up at a gig

Are my worries unfounded and do you think i should sell the peavey to buy the Engl

if you look at my band (in sig) that the style i play
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
i would say try messing with the amps EQ settings and use a EQ pedal ... the 6505(+) are amazing amps when eq'ed properlly
The 6505+ has an awesome clean channel (f-off bandwagoners). It is actually really lush....I heard a band use one last week, and it was absolutely awesome...no comp's or anything on it...straight up.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
yeah i dont have the 6505+ only the standard 6505
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

Bite the bullet and get something different thats what I did.. Loved the amp and the tone but out grew dealing with the issues and versatility issues.. So I went super versatile but was able to keep my chugga
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Aug 24, 2009,
are you talking about your sig rig or your new rack rig?
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

Quote by peavey6505+user
are you talking about your sig rig or your new rack rig?

Sorry havent updated it yet... The rack rig, is the one im talking about.

Now I can get Fender cleans, Marshall crunch, Peavey gain and a Diezel VH4 all in one compact rig. Its pretty smooth and with endless combos and mods it could keep you busy for years. Vs a 6505 sadly is what it is..