Page 1 of 2
I was working out with my friend (vocalist in our band) last night when we decided to do the exercise of squeezing the bathroom scale to see how high we could get it to go (165 lbs!), and then we weighed ourselves. My driver's license from four years ago says I weigh 141 lbs. I weighed 133 a year before that, back when I went on a hellacious diet...probably the best I've ever looked in my life. I now weigh 210 lbs. The shock of it has hit me as a sudden slide into deep depression. I feel horrible about myself, and I want to look good like I used to.

I've already gotten solid plans to golf regularly starting immediately, lift weights 3-4 times a week, and bike or run 4-5 times a week with my vocalist/friend.

What should I be eating/drinking?

What should I NOT do?

Is that a good workout plan?
"Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long.
And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again."

- Stephen King, The Stand
There's a thread on this.
But generally no junk food, lots of protein and less carbs, LOTS of water
Exercise is obviously good, but eating healthy is much more important for weight loss than working out
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
dont smoke, less fast foods. and dont over fill ur self when u eat.
if u dont at

and u can fap when ur not at the gym

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
I'd say do the muscle workouts 3 times a week, gives your muscles time to repair then. Set a schedule for your running/cycling coz it will be alot easier to stick to it, and you need to be 100% dedicated to this program otherwise it won't work.

Other than that check out the health and nutrition thread, that should help alot more.
TRANSFORMICE

Try the mediterranean diet. And go to the nutrition/bodybuilding thread.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Watch what you eat and just keep exercising.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
run... a lot

I've done about 230km in the past two months and have lost 5kg while eating more or less normally, that's even including occasional beer, pizza and kebabs... just be reasonable about it.
Eat less, run more, attract pussy.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Really, two words.

Caloric deficit.

You have to, over a defined period of time, consume less energy (calories) than you use. What you eat obviously matters a lot too, but that is the basic principle.

Oh, and strength training is more important than cardio when losing weight, to mitigate muscle loss. Eating too little can crash your metabolism too.

The reason why fatties whine "I can't lose help I have tried everything " is because they go on a dreadful diet so low in calories that after a short time, their body reduces its metabolism drastically, because well, it thinks there's a famine going on and it doesn't want to starve to death. So all good, they lose a couple of pounds, but when they starting eating normal again, their body think "wow the famine is over, better ****ing save this energy to prepare for the next one", and then gain back ALL the weight + often a little more in a week.
Last edited by Toolshed#9 at Aug 24, 2009,
Around 1400-1600 calories a day will help you. Try eating about 5 small meals per day (around 400kcal each) each with a portion of fruit or vegetable followed with appropriate workout.
Aim for 8 hours sleep per night.

Avoid wheat.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Mudmen190
Are you chubby? Or have you just grown up?

I have "love handles" haha...that's about it. Not like man boobs or anything extreme. But I used to be really in shape in high school and I'm only 20. I wanna look good haha. I have a girlfriend, but I still want to feel good about myself.
"Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long.
And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again."

- Stephen King, The Stand
Quote by Vauxite
Around 1400-1600 calories a day will help you. Try eating about 5 small meals per day (around 400kcal each) each with a portion of fruit or vegetable followed with appropriate workout.
Aim for 8 hours sleep per night.

Avoid wheat.

Around 1500 calories a day for an adult 210lbs male = STARVATION
how tall are you? 210 is fine if your like super tall lol
Currently Playing:
Arma 2/3, Dayz, GW2, GTA, Splinter Cell, ESO, FF:X, Pokemon X
Quote by Toolshed#9
Around 1500 calories a day for an adult 210lbs male = STARVATION

No it isn't.
I eat 1000 calories per day, tops. And I'm not thin, at all. I'm 5ft 10 and 170lbs.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Health/fitness thread.

Or, you could go to your doctor and get some tests run to see whether your body could hold up to a ketogenic diet. That's the lazy mans option, but it's a very strict diet with no corner cutting.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
'Wow, you're fat.'
'Real beauty is more than skin deep.'
'Then it's a deep search for you, fatty!'

CBA to find the original comic.
You could just be the big guy of your friends?
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
i use to weight 210lbs myself at 5' 7 and yeah i was hella cubby but it wasnt impossible to lose it all either, it took me 6 months to lose 55lbs using a elliptical and hand weights alone and i cut portion sizes of meals and started eating better foods.

cardio itself will help you more than weight training will but its up to you to set a routine for yourself, i always did 30-45min cardio and about 20min in weights at the gym and then did another 30min at home with hand weights later on that day, then i skipped a day of weights and did just cardio until i cant move anymore.

its sucks the first 2 weeks but after that your body will actually like working out and you will feel much more energetic and awake through the day.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
how much is 210lbs in stones? I don't know what a lb is really >_>

weight lifting won't make you less fat, it will just make you more muscular. For 'losing fat' the best thing to do is a general cardio exercise that makes you out of breath and works you out all over, instead of just focusing on one area of yourself.

A good one for this is jogging.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

weight lifting won't make you less fat, it will just make you more muscular. For 'losing fat' the best thing to do is a general cardio exercise that makes you out of breath and works you out all over, instead of just focusing on one area of yourself.

15 stone.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Go to Big Guts forum. They'll tell you what to do.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

If you wanna lose weight, golf definately isn't the best "sport" to do it with. In terms of sports I can only suggest you something with lots of running. Especially football (soccer) will do you good. Its always a mix of walking, jogging and sprinting and this over about 90 minutes. Also I would say cycling is a good training routine for the morning.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Your only 20? Then it shouldn't be too hard cuz ur metabolism should still be fast enough. 5-6 small meals a day and working out your muscles 3-4 times a week but you don't have to go crazy. Like you said, you were in shape before so there is no reason you can't get back to it
Quote by HuckIt
If you wanna lose weight, golf definately isn't the best "sport" to do it with. In terms of sports I can only suggest you something with lots of running. Especially football (soccer) will do you good. Its always a mix of walking, jogging and sprinting and this over about 90 minutes. Also I would say cycling is a good training routine for the morning.

Lots of running you say?
Cross country or track then.

You could start training to do 5k road races, perhaps.
Lots of water and healthy food.

Cardio is the best way to lose weight
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

wrong. losing weight is a very simple thing: burn more calories than you consume. if you burn more calories through weight lifting, then you'll lose weight.
cardio is generally considered better, though, because it increases your metabolism and makes your body lose weight quicker, IIRC.
Quote by CoreysMonster
wrong. losing weight is a very simple thing: burn more calories than you consume. if you burn more calories through weight lifting, then you'll lose weight.
cardio is generally considered better, though, because it increases your metabolism and makes your body lose weight quicker, IIRC.

doesn't weightlifting just make your arms bulkier and stronger, rather than making you overall thinner though?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
doesn't weightlifting just make your arms bulkier and stronger, rather than making you overall thinner though?

it depends what you eat.
if you eat lean foods with little fats and few carbs, but lots of protein, you'll gain muscle AND lose weight, and since you're building up muscle you'll soon have more muscle mass in your body which means you'll burn more calories overall.

but really, this belongs in the exercise and nutrition thread, and they can help you much better than we can, so *reported*
stop eating.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Page 1 of 2