Hi guys,

im planning to buy an agile AL-3100 and when i buy it i want some new pickups in it,
http://www.rondomusic.com/al3100silverburst.html

ive been looking and deceided i'll put some GFS Bigmouths / Loudmouths in it and i do want to make use of the coil tap feature on the pickups, but i dont know if that means i have to get new pots, or if the pots on the agile already are coil-tap-ready

BTW does anyone know what impedance the pots are on a agile ? (AL or valkyrie series)
Quote by steven seagull
Howver, Spider have pretty lights to keep kids with ADD occupied.

My gear:
Epi ZW Buzzsaw LP
Ibanez S7320
Yerasov Detonator 100W
Laney VC15
Line6 Floor Pod+
you'll need push/pull pots. the stock ones are probably 500k since it's got humbuckers.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
check warmoth. they have all the diff pots. Im not sure if guitarfetish has the push pull pots
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Don't forget STEW MAC as a source either to compare prices.
Moving on.....
If you just want On-Off, then yeah you'll need some push-pulls like the people above said.

If you want a variable coil split, you can wire it up to a regular pot.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
how do you mean variable?

sorry but i never modded a guitar before
Quote by steven seagull
Howver, Spider have pretty lights to keep kids with ADD occupied.

My gear:
Epi ZW Buzzsaw LP
Ibanez S7320
Yerasov Detonator 100W
Laney VC15
Line6 Floor Pod+
it's called a spin-a-split. basically its a blender for the coils. at one extreme rotation, only one coil will be active. in the middle, both will be active. at the other extreme, only the other coil will be active.

as cool as this sounds, it's not really so great. there's little difference between the sounds of the two individual coils.

just get a push-pull and wire the splitting to the switch.
Actually Jim it's possible to wire it so that you can have the full humbucker at one side of the pot and the split coil at the other end. I've not got a schematic on hand but I think what you would do is wire the 2 wires to the left or right lug of the pot and wire the middle lug to the ground, so that when you're full on one side that coil is shorted to the ground.

But yeah you're probably better just going with the push/pull.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
^ Yes the resistance method would induce losses compared to the switch method. Sounds interesting though.
Moving on.....
Quote by Baconfish
Actually Jim it's possible to wire it so that you can have the full humbucker at one side of the pot and the split coil at the other end. I've not got a schematic on hand but I think what you would do is wire the 2 wires to the left or right lug of the pot and wire the middle lug to the ground, so that when you're full on one side that coil is shorted to the ground.

But yeah you're probably better just going with the push/pull.

Yeah, I know. just wire a volume to only one coil.