Hi,

I've recently bought myself an Ibanez AS73. Before this I was playing a Squier Telecaster. I've noticed that when I'm playing now my pick hand isn't as accurate as when I was playing my Tele. Do you think this is becuase I'm just getting use to a new guitar or for some strange reason are some guitars harder to play than others?

Thrench
Of course. Each guitar has a different feel. If they weren't, it would be pointless if Gibson's and PRS's play like Squiers and Ibanez's
yes they are i can only play my electric whilst my accoustic gathers dust because i hate it as i find it too big
I'm sure its just a difference thing. Took me weeks to get used to F spacing on my Cort after playing Yamaha and Gibsons for dumpty-dump years. Now if I pick up the Yammy it feels cramped at first.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Of course. Each guitar has a different feel. If they weren't, it would be pointless if Gibson's and PRS's play like Squiers and Ibanez's

+1
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
different guitars play differently for example, i absolutely hate playing on guitars with wraparound bridges because the one stud prevents me from tremolo picking the low e. tune o matics feel wierd to me, but after a while i get used to them. I love the feel of vintage style and floyd roses, i guess because they are close to the guitar's body i like to rest my hand partly on the body and the bridge. maybe its a flaw i have in my playing style, but thats a reason to make different types of guitars, so I always play around a little bit before buying one
string spacing and scale length are pretty big factors in how a guitar feels. telecasters have a 25.5" scale length and then the ibanez looks to have a 24.75" scale length. even that small change can make a pretty large difference in how the instrument feels.
i play slower on Gibson LP with the 50's neck and hand gets cramped after a while but it's thin neck like a Jackson, Fender, or ESP my hands to don't cramped and i play a little faster.

To make it simpler all guitars feel differently.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
yeah depends on the feel, i cant play heavy guitars with a rough sort of neck
NEWCASTLE

UNITED!

My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-401QMNT
Marshall AVT150H
Peavey Valve King Cab
Well it depends what you're use to.
It was easy for me to go from a Fat strat neck to a C shaped neck. Really easy. I can't stand going from a C shaped neck to an Epi LP thick D shaped neck. I can't stand the fatness.

And from Strat tremolo to a TOM bridge, some took time. I think going from TOM to FR might be a little hard for me. I tend to rest my hands on the strings behind the bridge. If I rest my hand on the FR, I usually change the pitch of the strings.
All my guitars have different nut widths, fretboard radii, and neck shapes. Takes a minute to get caught up when I switch. As far as how difficult it is to play the guitar? I'd have to say my Carvin is the easiest, followed by my Caparison, followed by my Strat, followed by my Squier. Mostly because the Carvin has SS frets that are noticeably smoother than my other ones.