I am deciding whether to get a Tiny Terror with a PPC212 cab w/v30, and i was wondering whilst i know that it can do vintage rock sounds like Zeppelin, and modern sounds also. I was wondering whether it could do bands like Gallows/Dead Swans, i.e. modern hardcore/punk. I'm more interested in the Dead Swans sound than the Gallows sound, as i'm interested in that sludgy, thick sound. Apparently they both use Orange amps, but with a boost/EQ pedal would it work with a Tiny Terror.

Thanks for reading and any comments/feedback would be greatly appreciated.
You'd be better off with a rocker, but cranked up with a boost it could just about do it. You'd have to play pretty loud to get the best out of it though, and forego any clean sounds.
The TT is more of a toy than a serious amp, and overhyped to the moon.

I would only blow my money on it if I had a serious rig that I got bored of after using it for 5 years, and wanted something new. And if I wanted it, I certainly wouldn't be using it for metal. It sounds too gritty, you need to crank the volume, AND add a decent amount of gain, all with a boost, to get anything even somewhat close to a The Gallows sound, if even that.

I wouldn't consider it. The only Orange amp that can pull off metal is the Rockerverb and Thunderverb.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
It should work fine, but only buy it if you can't afford a 'real' orange.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by bartdevil_metal
You'd be better off with a rocker, but cranked up with a boost it could just about do it. You'd have to play pretty loud to get the best out of it though, and forego any clean sounds.

+1

and also +1 to the guy who said the TT is an Over hyped toy
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Okay, thanks, well I'm going to ask a different question now. What amp CAN do those sounds for around £800 (head with cab/combo). I also dont want a one trick pony, I want good cleans etc to a fair extent.

Thanks
Quote by CBlunt
Okay, thanks, well I'm going to ask a different question now. What amp CAN do those sounds for around £800 (head with cab/combo). I also dont want a one trick pony, I want good cleans etc to a fair extent.

Thanks

can you go used?
does it have to be tube?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Matamp King Street Major? Laney Supergroup or Klipp?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
can you go used?
does it have to be tube?

I can if it fits the bill.
It is preferred.

Any suggestions?

I'd also like a Botch sound, if you know them.
Quote by CBlunt

Thanks

Why don't you click on that little link in WTF!! (or Alf)'s signature. Should give you an idea of what you can get.

Just use the currency converter, since you're talking £ and not $. AKA This.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

There's a youtube video of a recent soundcheck of the band DOWN, and they're now using two walls of Orange stacks.
Their tone sounds huge IMO.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
There's a youtube video of a recent soundcheck of the band DOWN, and they're now using two walls of Orange stacks.
Their tone sounds huge IMO.

I don't believe that's a Tiny Terror though.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

Tiny Terrors still sound like oranges, just smaller. And IMO, they are still one of the best sounding amps in the price range. (clipz on my profile)

But since you have £800 you should be looking for a 2nd hand rocker head or similar.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
the rockerverb 30 is about £700 and i heard it isnt bad
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah